⚠️Sister's Girlfriend's Sister...?⚠️

A/N: Emma x Reader

Summary: Emma has a dinner with Isabel's girlfriend and her family and when Isabel's girlfriend's older sister defends their relationship in front of everyone, Emma develops feelings for her yet something happens which causes her to confess her feelings.

INSPO: Heartstopper

⚠️TW⚠️: Family Trauma, Getting Kicked Out, Homophobia

HERE WE GO!

______________________________________________________________________________

Y/n's POV:

My younger sister's girlfriend's family is coming over for dinner and I'm nervous for her. I don't want anything to happen to either of them, if my sister cares about her girlfriend, then I'll care.

I just... care too much sometimes, I guess.

"Y/n?" I hear my sister, Abi, shout on me. I make my way to her room, seeing her fixing herself up in the mirror. I lean against the door frame, taking in her outfit. She looks nice. "Y/n—! Shit." She gets a fright, turning to see me. "How do you just appear randomly?" She asks me, her voice cracking slightly.

"Because I'm your sister." I answer, casually. Noticing her roll her eyes as her shoulders sink, a light laugh falling from her lips.

"So? I'm your sister and I can't appear out of nowhere!" Abi counters, I look at her doubtfully.

"Well, then, you're adopted." I jokingly tell her, noticing her scoff and nod her head. "Are you ready to tell mum and dad?" I ask, quietening my voice and leaning into the door frame, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Not really, but I want it over and done with." Abi confesses shyly, her shoulders sinking slightly. I nod my head lightly, chewing on my bottom lip as I feel my heart beat faster. I'm nervous for her and I want everything to go perfectly for my sister. It didn't for me, so, I can see why she's nervous.

"Good luck, I'll be there if you need anything. Any kind of support." I remind her, seeing Abi smile sweetly as she nods her head lightly. "I'm gonna go downstairs and help set up the table." I inform her, her nodding her head.

"I'll be there in a moment." Abi tells me, I nod my head and head downstairs, walking into the kitchen and stepping down the two short steps.

"Jesus, Y/n. You could at least try to look decent." Mum scolds me, glancing at me as she holds a bowl of heated vegetables, taking it and setting it in the middle of the dinner table before heading back over to the counter and patting herself down, grabbing the spoon and begins to stir the left over Lasagne sauce as we can either have Lasagne or Pasta Bolognese.

"I look fine." I reply, looking down at my graphic gray t-shirt, a flannel that's half-buttoned up and half open and the sleeves are rolled up just before my elbows, and my black tailored trousers that have deep pockets and are really comfortable, letting my hair fall naturally.

"Well—"

"—I look fine." I cut her off, seeing her glance over at me in surprise at my tone. I head beside her and grab cutlery, beginning to put the cutlery out then the plates.

"Aw Honey, you look nice." Dad compliments, walking into the kitchen with his heavy footsteps echoing around the house. He places a kiss on my shoulder and I look over at my mum.

"You could at least be on my side, Darren." Mum scolds him, Dad looks at me confused. I shrug, pretending to be oblivious as to what she's on about.

"All right." Dad says through a sigh, letting his shoulders fall. I feel bad for my dad, he has the forever lasting, annoying task of dealing with me and mum and trying to make us both happy. It's difficult as dad's happy for me, mum's still getting around to be okay with me liking girls. "They'll be here in..." He sighs, moving his wrist up and looking at his watch, narrowing his eyes so tight that it looks like he has them shut closed. "25 minutes, we almost ready?" He asks, glancing at me then Mum.