The Mask

A/N: Emma x Reader

Summary: The virus is progressively going away and masks are being lifted but Y/n is having a hard time taking off the mask especially since she has a cut on her cheek. When she goes to a party, she wears a mask (it's like a black mask that has the line in the middle if that makes sense) to the party and she meets Emma. Where they dance and quickly develop feelings.

HERE WE GO!

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/n's POV:

I'm outside right now, wearing black cargos that feel like sweatpants and kinda are, matched with a grey graphic t-shirt. I have my rings on along with a neckless and I'm with my friend. She leans over and moves her head, moving so she's near my ear.

"Sarge, I got an invitation that there's gonna be a party. I say we go." I hear my friend, Sav, whisper to me. Moving away and I nod my head lightly, waiting for her name to be called so that we can leave. I don't even know how I got the name 'Sarge', I guess I just look Military like, especially with the story of how I got the cut on my cheek. "Oi, Johnny, tell Sarge to tag along, will you?" Sav asks Johnny - real name Johnathan but we just call him Johnny to piss him off - for help, he looks at me and then immediately looks over at Sav.

"I'm no use, Sav, she won't go." Johnny answers, shaking his head and shrugging, facing ahead and waiting patiently.

"Iced Mocha for Sav." A worker announces, Sav goes over with me and Johnny behind her on either side of her. I'm very protective over my friends— oh, I see the name Sarge now. I move my right hand out and begin to move my left hand up and down my forearm as I look up at the waitress, seeing her look at me and blush. I clench my jaw and watch as Sav turns to me, a smile showing as her eyes narrow.

"Let's go." Sav says, excitedly. Beginning to walk to a table and I follow after her, Johnny opens the chair for her to sit down as I sit beside her, my arm moving along the back of her chair and I watch as Johnny sits across from Sav, glancing around the place.

"All right, so, a party, what we saying?" Johnny asks, resting his forearms on the table and glancing between us too.

"I wanna go but don't know about you." Sav confesses, lifting her mask slightly to take a sip of her drink then putting her mask back on.

"What kinda party is it?"

"Bar party, I guess? I don't know. My friend's having a party and it's at a bar." Sav answers, looking for Johnny to help and then back at me. I inhale, my shoulders rising only for them to fall when I exhale.

"Fuckin' hell." I let out, my voice raspy and my British accent really being accentuated. I shake my head, seeing Sav's hand rest on my forearm that's on the back of her chair.

"Come on, Sarge, it'll be fun." Sav attempts to convince me, I notice Johnny had taken a quick sip of Sav's drink without her knowing and he nods his head, fixing his mask.

"Yeah, come on. It'll be fun." Johnny adds in, I drop all the muscles in my face and stare at him, dead.

"You can't talk, last time we went bar hopping, you were on your phone, sexting." I counter, noticing his eyes widen and Sav gasp quite loud. I smile as Sav bombards him with questions and I sit patiently, watching every guy who tries to walk past to make sure they aren't looking at Sav any way that isn't respectful.

"Y/n." I hear Johnny call on me, I look over at him. "You comin' or not?" He asks me, his voice rough yet very British.

"Don't know." I answer, shrugging. I notice Sav turn her head back to me, leaning back into my arm. She glances at my arm then at me.