Summer With You

A/N: Emma x Reader

Summary: Y/n and Emma's family are family friends and when Y/n goes to visit, something is missing.

INSPO: The Summer I Turned Pretty

HERE WE GO!

________________________________________________________________________________

Emma's POV:

I'm so excited! I'm going to a family friend's summer house - I do it every summer - but this summer, I'm so more excited than the others. Why? Because I get to see Y/n again!

I only was able to go for one weekend then I had to leave and film for Wednesday last summer, then the summer before that, we had to leave early because something happened with our grandparents. I missed the beach house and Y/n so much.

My mom, sisters, and dad all tease me about my crush on her. I hate that they all know it. Even Y/n's mom, dad, and brother knows about it too. Her mom even said that I was always destined for her little girl.

"You actually need to calm down, I don't think any of the L/n's are gonna want to handle your manic ass." I hear Olivia tell me. glancing behind as I'm sitting in the back and she's sitting at the front.

"Don't be mean to your sister." Mom tells her, smiling widely and glancing back at me before continuing to focus on the road.

"Wha—?"

"—Yeah, listen to mom." I counter, seeing het glare at me and shake her head. "How much longer till we can finally be there?" I question, leaning into the front and seeing mom glance at me and gasp.

"Emma, put your seatbelt on." She sternly tells me, I quickly lean back and put my hands up defensively, putting my seatbelt back on. I took it off ages ago and couldn't be bothered to put it back on. My mom turns the corner and begins to pull into the driveway as I stare at the house in awe, feeling like I'm seeing it for the first time all over again.

This is one of the best feelings I think I've ever felt all my life.

Once she parks up, we all climb out of the car and I see Isabel get out of the car and immediately begin to lie down on the ground.

"Ugh, we're finally here!" Isabel dramatically exclaims, cheering excitedly and standing up as she begins to stretch her legs. "God, I think my ass hurts from sitting down for so long."

"Gross, Izzy." I complain, scrunching my nose in discomfort at this information that she comfortably shared with me.

"It's natural!"

"Yeah, for people with flat asses." I counter, smiling proudly as I see my mom pulling our bags out of the trunk of the car.

"So, you'll know the feeling just as much then." She counters, smugly. Wiggling her eyebrows and smiling at me as she walks past and grabs her bags.

"Emma!" I hear someone shout at me just as I'm about to go to grab my bags, I turn to see Charlie, sprinting toward me with his arms wide open and a wide grin tugging on his lips.

"Charlie!" I exclaim, him opening his arms and I jump into his, laughing as I feel him stumble against the car, holding me tightly and rubbing my back. "I missed you so much!" I confess to her, rubbing his back and jump down but continue to hold him.

"I missed you so much. I'm so glad you're finally here." Charlie exclaims, excitedly. Both of us beginning to sway as we hold onto each other, smiling.

"I'm so glad to finally be back, ugh!" I exclaim, spinning around and holding him close to me.

"I see you like Emma more than me then." I hear Olivia complain, crossing her arms over her chest and shaking her head. His arms remove around my neck and be rolls his eyes, walking toward Olivia and they hug, smiling at one another.