⚠️"I'm sorry"⚠️

A/N: Emma x Reader

Summary: Emma supports Y/n at one of her games and they walk home with Y/n's old addict mum when something bad happens.

INSPO: Sex Education

⚠️TW⚠️: Drug abuse, physical abuse

HERE WE GO!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Y/n's POV:

I stare at the door and look down at the photo, seeing the evidence that my mum has started doing drugs again. I step back into the changing room, calling Child Services.

"H-Hi. Hi, uhm, I'd like to report a child in danger." I explain, hearing the person reply. "Yes." I answer, slowly nodding my head, trying to stop myself from having a panic attack. "Yeah, it's—it's my mum. She's relapsed." I state, firmly. Hearing nearby footsteps, I quickly give my address and hang up afterwards, seeing my girlfriend Emma.

"You okay?"

"Y—Yeah. Yeah." I answer, nodding my head and walking past her, making my way toward the exit. I turn my phone off and hand it to her.

"Good luck."

"Thanks." I thank her, kissing her cheek. She heads over toward the bleachers with my phone and as I head onto the pitch, I see— Mum?

"Y/n! Come on, we need you!" I hear Coach Riley shout to me, I jog over and listen into the plan and his speech. We make it onto the field and soon the game starts.

***

I make a run, putting my hand up and my teammate passes the ball to me, I move in front of it, glancing behind me and seeing someone coming toward me. I wait, flicking it over them and passing it, for them to shoot and—! Miss.

Shit.

***

I get the ball, pass it, get it back, and flip it, kicking it to the other side, it being perfectly handled and passed onwards while I try to sprint and catch up to the box.

I make it into the box, it being kicked into. I jump up, trying to head it into the goal but miss. I groan in frustration, stepping back, apologising only to be told "it's okay" and "we'll get it next time".

***

We're losing 3-1. The changing room is being shouted at as we've had many opportunities but keep failing at them. I just... need to focus, I need to shut my brain off of after the match, I want to win this.

After our talk, we head back out onto the pitch and get into our formation, instead of playing left wing, they've put me at striker for some reason. I stand in the middle, glancing and checking over at them to see what can happen.

The whistle blows and I pass, moving back a bit and watching a few passes and jogging slightly forward as my team pushes through the front and midfielders.

"Oi, pass!" I shout, putting my hand up.

"Cover, cover, cover!" Someone on the other team shouts, pointing at me to someone. I get the ball, dribbling it around someone and shoot, it getting in the goal. I hear the cheers in the stands as I celebrate, my teammate's hugging me as we then go back to the middle.

***

I kick the ball out to my right wing and make a sprint as she controls it and passes it through to me, I quickly glance and see my left wing, I fake kick, passing it to the left wing, them kicking—

THEY SCORE!

"YES!" They scream, cheering as we hug, patting each others back.

"We're back in!"