Helping Pip

A/N: Pip x Reader

Summary: Pip is trying to figure out what Jason Bell did, so, she goes to investigate his assistant, Y/n L/n, who doesn't help her at first but progressively helps her.

HERE WE GO!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Y/n's POV:

Ever since I was little, I've always aspired to be good at something. I didn't care what but I knew that deep down, I wanted to prove everyone wrong since I was already expected so early on to be an average-grade student. Normally, people seek for great mentors but in reality, I think my mentor, Jason Bell, is by far, not a great mentor.

I'm refilling up my van and as I'm doing so, I hear someone call my name. I glance over at the gate, seeing a girl my age. Weird. Why is she all out here alone?

"Hey! Hey, you! You over there, can you help me?" I hear a girl's voice call on me, I wipe my hands onto a rag, walking toward her and unlocking a door. Seeing her peaking through the gate.

"Yoohoo." I say, sarcastically, seeing her peak her head over toward me.

"Ah! Hi! I— My name is Pippa Fitz-Amobi. I'm doing a school project, I was wondering if you could help me?" Pip asks me, walking towards me and stopping in front of me, my hand still resting on the gate as I lean against the side of the wall.

"Uh," I let out, glancing toward the house before looking over at Pip again. "depends, on what?"

"I was wondering if I could ask you where Jason Bell is?" She questions, pointing toward the house, peaking her head inside as if she could see him through the walls.

"Uh, he... he isn't here at the moment." I inform her, her eyes move toward me but her head doesn't turn. She stops perching herself up on her tippy toes and settles, finally turning her head toward me. "But I can take a message, if you like?" I ask her, removing my hand from the wall and itching the back of my neck.

"Mhm, well, could I talk to you?" Pip questions, stepping a little closer to me as she rests her back against the wall, now half-in half-out like me.

"About?"

"Jason."

"What would we talk about?" I ask her, confused. Adjusting in my position as I stand across from her but our legs briefly touching.

"Just what you think of him, a couple of questions about your work-relationship."

"And this is for your project...?" I question, crossing my arms over my chest, she nods her head, confidently.

"Yes."

"School project?"

"Yes."

"And what is this school project about?"

"Just basic questions, that's all you really need to know."

"Right." I let out, untangling my arms and nodding my head. "Okay, uh, well... I mean, I'm about to go out to a client, so..."

"Oh. So, no?"

"Yeah, no." I answer, nodding my head.

"Yeah or no?" She asks, dipping her head forward and looking at me confused.

"No." I answer, shaking my head lightly. "I..." I check my watch, "Shit, I gotta go." I tell her, resting my hand on her forearm. "I'm sorry, but this is a really important client."

"It's fine, is it okay if I track you down another time?"

"M—Maybe." I answer, shrugging and removing my arm, she steps back and I step inside, shutting and locking the door. "Bye, Pippa Fitz-Amobi. Good luck on your school project." I wish to her, seeing her smile softly as she watches me slowly walk back from her. I turn and walk toward the car. I shut the back doors over, getting into the driver's seat and driving toward the gate, opening it with my phone and connecting it through Bluetooth. The gate opens and I keep an eye on Pip in case she tries to sneak in. I close it as I'm practically out and I see the gate shut and Pip watching me leave.