Grounded

A/N: Pip x Reader

Summary: Pip gets grounded for being too focused on the case, her laptop is taken off of her as well as her phone which causes her girlfriend, Y/n, to do different things for her. (Little note: Y/n is the younger sister of Ravi and Sal, so her last name is Singh)

HERE WE GO!

________________________________________________________________________________

Pip's POV:

"I promise, I—I—I'm not spending too much time on the case!" I yell at my mom who just sighs and shakes her head in disappointment, she lifts her hands in the air and looks over at my dad.

"You talk to her, I can't—I can't deal with this." Mum complains, I sigh, shaking my head, leaning back in my chair.

"Pip, your mother is right. You're spending too much time on this, you need a break. We just care and we know how... addictive you can get with things you like." Dad continues to defend her, I sigh, shaking my head, digging my hands into my head and huff, letting my shoulders fall in disappointment.

"I'm perfectly fine." I state, moving my hands so they can see me.

"If you were fine, you wouldn't be staying up all night all the time, Pippa." Mum continues to yell at me, I try to rebuke that argument but it has truth to it. I only ever did it twice before and now it's a recurrence that it becoming somewhat hard to ignore. "I mean, this is even affecting your grades—?"

"—What, no it is not! It is really not. I'm still getting A's on average." I argue, noticing her scoff and cross her arms, shaking her head.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! Are you beside me whenever I get my test results back?" I ask, moving my hands further apart, welcoming any sort've criticism she seems to attempt to hit me with because I know for a fact that I'm not falling behind in anything.

"I got a call."

"Oh my—" I sigh, shaking my head and resting my hands over my face, before dragging my hand down and staring at her in disbelief. I am utterly infuriated by every single thing mum is saying that I just want to go upstairs and be alone. "I've tried to explain this to you on many accounts and you aren't listening—"

"—No! No, we," She beckons between herself and dad, "are listening, you just keep pushing yourself to limits that shouldn't be pushed, especially as such a young woman! You are too involved—"

"—Too involved?! I'm solving a case that the police couldn't bother to put two brain cells in! I could prove someone's innocence with what I know and get more than two people arrested! What've you ever done for this community? Baked cookies for the spoilt mums who probably talk shit about one another behind each other's backs like their high schoolers?" I snap at her, standing up and noticing her stare at me, she crosses her arms and scoffs, shaking her head.

"Go to your room and bring me your laptop and your phone—"

"—Are you ser—? Dad! A little help?" I ask, looking over at him. His eyes widen and when he glances over at mum's eyes, he turns back to me and plasters on a smile.

"Honey, we..."

"Ugh, whatever." I dismiss, storming upstairs and grabbing my laptop and phone, quickly downloading it on a hard-drive before handing it over to her.

"This is the right thing, Pip. I know it is. I'm just asking you for a day or two off and you can't respect that. I tried to ask nicely—"

"—And I tried to explain nicely what I'm doing." I butt in, noticing her sigh and walk into the kitchen, putting my stuff in a drawer. "Wait, I need to text Y/n what's happening." I say, walking over to the drawer, trying to open it but mum shuts it over.