Torn Apart

A/N: Emma x Reader

INSPO: My hailee book with the same name : )

Summary: Emma is dating Y/n's older twin brother and Y/n doesn't know until she goes to have drinks with her family where she meets Emma and fangirls. The two become close until Y/n develops a crush on her and pushes herself away.

top surgery

HERE WE GO!

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/n's POV:

I'm in my room, playing on my guitar and playing along to Mary by Alex G. I have my Sony headphones over my ears while I continue to play and hum along to the song, before I notice my brother, Dean, come into my room and smile shortly. I let my shoulders fall and pause my music, taking my headphones off and stop playing on my guitar.

"Hey." He greets me, offering a short smile.

"Hi." I reply, not really wanting to talk to him as we had an argument earlier since he got asked to do the dishes but Dean told me that I got told to do it so I did and my dad found me doing it and had a go at him then he got mad at me for being a 'tattletale' and stormed off. He stands there, beginning to look at my record player.

"Just thought I'd let you know that on our birthday, we're going out for drinks to celebrate." He informs me, skimming through my vinyls that I all bought with my own money from my job.

"Okay." I let out, quietly, playing a few chords. I hear his phone ding and he pulls out his phone, immediately beginning to smile. "Who're you texting?" I inquire, curiously as I lean forward but realise that my back is sore so I position myself to crack my back, it cracking loudly and I sigh in relief, focusing on my brother again.

"Oh, uh..." He smiles excitedly and steps in, shutting the door, looking excited. "my... girlfriend." He informs me, my eyes widen in surprise.

"Oh."

"Yeah! She's really sweet and wants to meet you all." Dean informs me, leaning against my drawer and crosses his arms, smiling.

"Invite her to the drinks, then."

"What?"

"Yeah, if she wants too, the invitation is there."

"Really?" He asks, his smile widening. I nod my head.

"Yeah, 'course. I wanna meet her." I confess to him, noticing his mouth fall open in shock and walk over toward me, hugging me. I stare at him in confusion, not hugging him back for a few seconds before I pat his back, hugging him.

"Thank you so much."

"No problem." I reply as he pulls away and begins to text his girlfriend. "What's her name? If you don't mind me asking."

"Uh, Emma." He informs me, I nod my head.

"Nice name."

"Yeah— Oh, she's calling me. Gotta go." He says, rubbing his butt while he walks away and leaves my room, shutting the door as I hear him say, "Hey, baby." in a much lower voice. I immediately grimace, slightly disgusted but ignore it. Putting my headphones back on and playing the song, continuing to play it on the guitar, humming along softly.

*****

It's my birthday! And I have a test coming up so I'm gonna find away to sneak off and go to Luke's as I wanna revise and I don't like alcohol. I mean, it's not like I can have any anyway, it's my 19th. I have my bag with me and my headphones so while everyone is gonna be drinking - including my parents - I will sneak off to Luke's.