Small Town, Small Talk

A/N: Emma x Reader

Summary: Y/n's forced to live with her Uncle Luke and when she is introduced to a girl in the new, small town, she can't help but become attracted to the girl.

INSPO: Gilmore Girls

There's gonna be a lot of fast chatter, sorry loves HAHA <3

HERE WE GO!

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/n's POV:

I step outside of the bus, seeing Uncle Luke standing there, rubbing his hands looking like a general farmer boy. He's wearing blue jeans, black boots, a gray t-shirt with a red and white flannel over it, having a backwards cap on matched with a light stubble. His natural look. If I had to guess what a small town man looked like? I'd guess exactly what he is wearing.

"Hey, Y/n." Luke greets me, smiling awkwardly. I stare at him, not up for talking. I glance around, curious. "Whatcha lookin' at...?" He asks me, glancing over toward where I'm looking before looking over toward me. "Hm." He mutters, under his breath. I look over at him.

"Ready to go?" I ask him, sighing softly, letting my shoulders fall. He nods.

"Yeah, I'll show you where we'll be staying." He informs me, I nod my head and follow after him, glancing around and seeing the picturesque town look even more robotic as I see people actually being nice to one another. It's so weird. I'm used to being flipped off and told 'I'm walkin' here' or dirty looks if I end up staring off into the distance and end up locking eyes with someone, yet none of that here. Everyone seems... nice. Boring.

He walks toward a diner literally named after him, I step inside, seeing that it seems a little bit busy. I glance around, instantly hit with the smell of fast-food. I glance around, looking at the many customers having food, talking. I notice a sign that says 'No phones' right next to a phone. I stare, confused.

"What's up? Are... Are you okay?"

"No phones?" I question, he nods.

"Yeah. Yeah, I don't know, I just prefer for social interaction to happen." He explains to me, rubbing his hands together before tucking his hands into his pockets, tensing his shoulders as he glances around proudly.

"But it's right next to the phone." I acknowledge, pointing it out. I notice his head turn to me then over toward the phone, going to make up some excuse but I just walk away, curious. I notice a back door to a set of stairs.

"Room's just upstairs." He says, I nod, walking upstairs and opening the first door I see. I glance around, seeing a tiny apartment with a blow-up bed on the floor. Guess that's for me, how sweet of him. I run my hand through my hair, setting my bag on my bed, opening it and grabbing the book I'm reading, my wired earphones and head back downstairs, putting my earphones in and connecting it to my phone. "Hey, where you headed?"

"Out." I answer, opening the door and hearing the bell. I look up, confused. "Jesus." I mutter, shaking my head and stepping outside. I feel like I'm in some sort've book or something, this is ridiculous. How perfect is this town?

***

I arrive back at Luke's after circling around town 5 times, already having it memorised which is bland as I thought there would be more to it but nope, 3 lefts and...

BAM!

You're back in the middle of town.

Surprise!

Jesus, they better have some good stores in this dumbass town otherwise there quite literally is no point for anything or anyone to want to live here. I mean it's ridiculous. Sure, a nice trip up but somewhere to live?! Absolutely, mind bogglingly not! I turn a corner, almost bumping into someone.