Not like Before

A/N: Emma x Reader

Summary: Y/n and Emma used to be the best of friends, they were so close that they spent every waking moment together. Emma, being the bright, charismatic, shining, shy girl while Y/n is the intimidating, hard-working, fiery, outspoken girl. They compliment one another so well, especially with growing up with each other. Until...

DUN DUNNN

based on a book i'm writing <3

also Emma is 17 in this one-shot

HERE WE GO!

________________________________________________________________________________

Emma's POV:

I walk toward the bench that is beside a miniature lake, seeing my friend there, waiting for me, patiently, as they sit tall and fiddle with the ring on their ring finger on their right hand. Holding onto her ring as if it was the only thing making her breathe, helping her breathe. My eyebrows furrow as I already know this is going to be bad news as I've never hung out with her outside of training so whatever she's about to tell me, it won't be good, it won't ever be good.

No matter how much I pray for the naivety to think that this is going to be okay, that we're going to be okay. That my best friend won't go. After Y/n left, without saying a single word to me or even mentioning it. The way that she's looking right now makes my heart beat faster, my heart skip.

"Hey." She greets me, her standing up with a slow smile tugging on her lips that looks somewhat unnecessary due to the news that's incoming. Reann opens her arms for me to walk into and I allow my shoulders to sink and step closer to her, my arms wrapping around her, wrapping my arms around her waist, plastering on a grin.

I'm eager to hang out with her as I like speaking with her during training, so, now it's gonna be more fun since we're not doing any work. Even though that thought is so naive that it's almost laughable to think that this hang out session will be enjoyable.

"Hi, how're you?" I ask, my voice wavering, my hands shaking with nerves at the both of us avoiding a topic that is necessary to discuss. We pull away from the hug and sit down on the bench, our bodies turned toward one another. Although, Reann is resting her back against the back rest of the bench, I sit on the edge of bench, sitting as tall as I can to make sure my rib don't feel on fire.

"I'm okay, I just... I thought I would tell you something." She begins, sounding serious, causing my heart to skip for a moment. I close my eyes, preparing myself for the explosion that is about to happen. My heart slowing down for a moment as I hear a slight ringing in my ear. I open my eyes and meet her enticing green eyes and nod lightly.

"Okay." I respond, quietly, slightly panicked at what she's about to tell me. I glance between her blue eyes, waiting for shock or disappointment to hit me. As if she's somewhat teasing me and making me wait and push for her to continue while my ears impatiently wait to listen to the bad news, whatever it is. "What is it?" I push, hoping that she'll tell me.

"I'm... leaving. I'm moving to another team." Reann tells me, I feel my heart completely drop as I glance between her eyes and slowly nod my head. I clench my jaw and swallow the lump in my throat, attempting to make myself seem calm when my mind is filling with many thoughts.

I had to deal with Y/n's leave, especially with how all I got was a text message after everything that happened between us. All the laughs, all the hugs, all the congratulations, all the moments that we spent together perfecting our dances, training harder than anyone together. Spending almost 8 years together, her leaving once but only for a season and then she came back. Yet we still talked. But this leave, this... absence is noticeable in the rink.