"I love it"

A/N: Emma x Reader

Requested by: legofan20

Summary: Y/n is shy and she doesn't know how to ask her girlfriend, Emma, for cuddles. One day, when it's cold, Emma gives Y/n cuddles and head scratched causing her to fall asleep on Emma's chest.

Reader's G!P + Top Surgery

HERE WE GO!

____________________________________________________________________________

Emma's POV:

Right now, me and my girlfriend are sitting on my couch, watching Star Wars: Revenge of The Sith. She's never seen Star Wars before and I'm excited for her to watch it. I keep glancing over at her, waiting for her to react to important scenes but I don't think she understands what is going on right now.

"Do you get what's going on?" I ask her, after pausing it. I notice her glance over at me then over at the TV. She nods her head and offers a short smile, before looking at the TV patiently. "Great." I mutter, quietly, rubbing my eyes as I notice something in the corner of my eyes. I glance over at Y/n to see her shivering slightly, trying to hide it. She shifts uncomfortably, sighing quietly. I glance around the room, wondering what to suggest to keep her warm. "Hey, are you cold?" I ask her, she glances over at me and shrugs lightly.

"A little." She answers in a quiet whisper, before clearing her throat and focusing on the movie. I chew on my bottom lip, figuring out if I could give her my hoodie if she wanted it. I notice her clench her jaw as she shifts uncomfortably again, trying to bring some warmth to her.

"Can I give you anything?" I offer, glancing around and trying to find a blanket.

"No, no, no." She replies, quickly yet still quite quietly and shakes her head. "It—It's fine." She mutters, offering a short smile and looking away from me. I take her in for a moment then look over toward the TV. Chewing on my bottom lip and trying to figure out something to do.

Y/n's POV:

I'm really cold and I really want to cuddle with Emma in hopes that it'll make me more warm but I'm really scared to asked her. I don't even know how to ask for cuddles, it sounds so ridiculous, like, how dumb does it sound for me to be like 'oh, hey, is it okay if I cuddle into you? Kay, thanks' like no, that sounds so weird.

Ugh! What do I do?!

"Y/n?" I hear Emma call on me, I look over at her and wait patiently for her to continue. She smiles, glancing between my eyes. "Everything okay? You seem a bit distracted." She acknowledges, I shake my head.

"Sorry, I was starting to daydream. What's up?"

"Okay, let me catch you up." Emma says, adjusting and starting to explain what I missed in the apparent 10 minutes that I missed while I was freaking out on how to ask Emma how to cuddle. Then again, everything just sounds like another language while she's explaining it to me and I struggle to focus and pay attention to what people are saying through words, I either need it written down or we rewind it 10 minutes back and rewatch the 10 minutes I missed and even then, I severely doubt I'll be able to remember 10 minutes from now.

I won't lie, it's not my favourite but it's not bad either.

I try to focus on what she's saying but it's starting to get really difficult to understand as whatever word she says I forget what she's said two words prior and it's starting to upset me for some reason because I don't and can't understand what she means.

"Sorry, am I confusing you more?" Emma asks, before picking up the TV remote. "Should we just rewind and watch the last 10 minutes?" She offers, hovering her thumb over the reverse button.

"Y—Yeah, please." I answer, quietly, itching the side of my head. Exhaling softly as I pick at the skin on the side of my thumb, trying to calm down from not having a crying attack. I exhale softly, rubbing the side of my nose as I watch her press play and I watch what I missed. I watch it but I'm not really processing anything, I'm really cold.

"Are you sure you don't want me to get a blanket, love?" I hear Emma announce randomly, making me jump slightly. I look over at her.

"...Am I... Am I shaking too much?" I ask her, she glances between my eyes, beginning to smile.

"A little but—"

"—I... I'm sorry—"

"—No, no, no apologising. I don't mind. I just want to make sure that you're warm and okay. It's very cute— look, here." She takes off her hoodie and hands it to me. "Why don't you put it on?" She offers, I glance at her hoodie then at her.

Just take the damn hoodie.

"No, it's fine." I mutter.

Goddamn it.

I notice Emma's shoulders fall for a moment and then her put her hoodie back on and as I glance at her, I notice her deep in thought. Oh, great, now I'm annoying my own girlfriend just because I can't fucking accept a hoodie or learn how to say I'd really like to cuddle! I clench my jaw, looking down at my thighs, rubbing my hands together and trying to calm down and not shake as much.

"Y/n?"

"Yes?" I ask, looking over at her. She clears her throat, adjusting and looks over at me.

"You wanna... cuddle?" She offers, I smile shyly and shuffle towards her, resting my head on her chest and immediately melting against her skin. Cuddling into her and moving my leg between hers and feeling my eyes immediately want to fall shut. Her hand rests in my hair, starting to give me head scratches as she kisses my forehead. "You more comfy now?" She asks, chuckling as she sees my content face. "You look so content, it's so cute."

"Heyy." I dig my head into her neck, hiding, hearing her adorable giggle. I feel my eyes flutter shut, struggling to stay awake. I immediately feel my mouth fall shut, yawning and rubbing my eyes.

"You okay?" Emma asks, speaking in a gentle tone. I hum, nodding my head. Starting to fall asleep on her chest, immediately melting against her and falling fast asleep.

***

Emma's POV:

The movie finishes and I smile, going to ask Y/n if she liked it or not only to look down and see that she is knocked out on my chest. I smile, taking a photo of how adorable and peaceful she looks when sleeping. I kiss her head, beginning the next one and continuing to give her head scratches as I let her sleep.

She's had a busy few shifts, I'm not gonna wake her up. She deserves to sleep. Plus, I think it might actually break my heart if I even attempt to wake her up.

I notice her head on one side of my chest while her hand is over my heart, I smile and run my hand through her hair then kiss her head, leaving a lingering kiss on her temple and continue to give her head scratches, leaning into her.

***

I feel her stir awake, giving me a slight fright as she flinches and starts to inhale, rubbing her eyes. I smile, kissing her forehead.

"Hey there, sleepy." I whisper to her, hearing her groan as she lifts her head for a moment only to look up at me, her eyes hooded and she lets her head fall onto my chest again. She cuddles into me, holding me more tightly and I smile, giggling. "You still sleepy, darling?"

"Very." She mutters, rubbing my eyes, sighing.

"You wanna go back to sleep?" I offer, noticing her look up at me.

"Are you sure?" She asks, quietly. I nod my head, kissing her lips for a moment and see her blushing as she digs her head into my neck. I smile, chuckling softly. "If that's okay..." She mutters, I hum.

"Of course, darling." I whisper in reply, continuing to give her head scratches. Her falling asleep shortly after, I smile, continuing to give her head scratches while she falls asleep.

She is such an adorable sleeper, I can't stop smiling.

________________________________________________________________________________