3. Izhaar

"Nahi jaenge hum apko akela chodke." His reply was curt but stern.

A tear escaped from her eye. Veer wondered whether it was from the pain in her arm or from his persistence.

"Kyu. Kya chahte hai humse?" She asked, now crying and with a little fear.

Veer's heart started to break a little seeing her condition.

"Hum aapse kuch nahi chahte. Bharosa rakhe hum par. Hum bas apko medical facility provide karwana chahte hai taki aap heal up ho sake. Wo bhi kyunki iss accident main humari galati thi. Hum neeche phone ke taraf dekh rahe the." Being the calm and mature person he was, he explained to her calmly.

"Toh ghar hi chod de humein. Hospital nahi jana." She replied after debating with herself internally for a while.

Giving her a nod, he signalled her to sit inside his car.

"Ya Allah humari aur humari izzat ki hifazat karna." She was chanting internally.

The ride to her home was very silent as no one said anything. And as she reached her mansion, Veer realised how much distant this was from that vacant street. His mind automatically went into the questioning mode. What was a little girl, who looked no more than eighteen, doing at such a dangerous place?

However, shaking his head as this wasn't his matter, he was pulling back his car from the haveli's parking lot. As the girl started limping her way inside. Seeing this, Veer decided to stay until she goes inside.

But Just as she was about to open the door, they both heard a voice from upside.

"WARDA AZIZ! JAHA HO WAHI RUKO. AGAR APNA EK KADAM BHI AAGEIN BADHAYA TOH MERA MARA MUH DEKHEGI TU." A lady, seemingly in her sixties said and the girl, namely Warda Aziz hauled in her steps.

Veer who was waiting for her to go inside, came down from his car seat as well. Not for any drama but to protect this little girl, god forbidden if something happens.

"Dadi jaan..." She whispered, though loud enough for Veer to hear her from the big distance he was standing on with her.

"Kaha se aa rahi hai itni raat gae tu? Wo bhi ek gair mard ke sath, uski gadi main? Kya lagta hai tujhe, aisi kartuto ke baad hum apna lenge tujhe. Arrey humain toh pehle hi malum tha, sahi ladki nahi hai tu. Par humari sunta kon hai." As her grandmother kept on accusing her, blaming her innocence, Veer was shocked to hear it all.

The old lady clearly ignored the big blood stain on Warda's white kurti, which itself explained why she was in the car of a gair mard.