4. Rihaa

"Bas bhi karein Afia ammi. Aur batae mujhe itna kyu ro rahi hai aap. Warna main kabhi baat nahi karungi aapse ab." Amaal warned Afia and the older woman in scene looked at her face.

Her face only show determination.

And Afia didn't doubt Amaal's determination an ounce. So she decided to open up after all these years of torture.

"Ruko Amaal. Idhar aao." Amaal who was almost near the gate to leave the room, came back at once.

"Bolein ab aap." Amaal said again. This time, taking Afia in a hug.

"Tumhe pata hai Hamza jail main kyu hai?" Amaal looked puzzled at Afia's question. How was Anam phupho related to Hamza's imprisonment?

"Umm haa? Unhe kisi business partner ne fraud smuggling ke case mei fasa dia islie?" She sounded more of asking then answering.

"Aur kya tumhe pata hai ki ye business partner kon tha?" Now Amaal could see where this was going and to say the least, she feared the answer.

She shook her head in deniel, not knowing the man in question.

"Karim Murtaza Khan."

ווווווווו×

"Haa haa abbu jaan. Zara dekkat nahi hui humain." Anam, as fake as the model's outfits in a fashion show, said to Sardar followed by a vile chuckle.

"Chalo acha hai. Aur Karim kaisa hai? Kitna bada ho gaya hai mera baccha." Jannat and Armin, her second son and middle child watched the drama with disbelief, while Behroz went outside the haveli following Farukh. Amaal and Afia are still inside Afia's room.

"Jannat! Chai lao meri beti aur mere chanda ke lie." Nafiza, the loud old hag as Armin calls her, said from dinning area. Jannat almost ran towards kitchen while nodding but Armin held her hand and stopped her. Then screamed back in the same tone,

"Aapki beti aur chanda ke hath paer nahi hai? Unse bole apne kaam khud karein. Meri ammi jaan ko pareshan karne ki zaroorat nahi hai." Saying so he went upstairs while pulling Jannat With him.

"Ye kaise badtameezi se bat ki tumne abhi apni dadi se?" Jannat asked as soon as they entered his room.

"Aur unhone jo apse uss lihaze main bat ki uska kya?" he asked back sharply. Indeed he was the most sharp tongue kid among the Durrani generations.

"Ya Allah Min, dekho-

As Jannat was about to say something, a knock on her door disturbed her. It was Afia.

"Arrey aapi, aae na." she said to a breathing Afia which shows she just ran here.
"Kya hua badi ammi? Itna haaf kyu rahi hai aap?" Armin asked her.

"Wo...wo Amaal...pata nahi kaha chali gai."