3. Kagaz

The dinner that night was delicious. And even though Urooj wouldn't say it on Aziz's face, they both knew it.

"So...you are a chef?" She asked trying to act nonchalant after the meal. Both of them were cleaning the table and kitchen.

"Well...thanks for the compliment darling but no. Sorry to disappoint you, I'm a neurosurgeon. Not a chef." He said with a smile and she snorted.

"I was asking just to make sure you don't kill people with your horrible culinary skills." Saying so, she kept the last plate in the sink and made her way upstairs towards her room.

While he just kept looking at her retreating back. In shock.

After all it was The first time someone said something so menace about his cooking. To say the least, he's the best cook among the Khan's.

וווווווווווו×

As days passed by, their once very sour relationship slowly changed into a series of daily dramas and antics. It was a routine, where they would have their breakfast together, and then at night, he will cook for them both. Apart from that, they both enjoyed their respective work lives as a neurosurgeon and a lawyer.

"Kab se phone baj raha hai tumhara, utha toh lo." He said as her phone kept beside her plate rang for the third time.

"Main busy hu abhi." She replied taking another bite of her gobhi paratha.

"Arrey. Dekh toh lo kon hai." Saying so, he peaked into her phone.

Abba.

"Abba ka phone hai tumhare. Utha bhi lo." He said and looked at her. His food was long forgotten by her.

"Agar itna hi shauk hai toh janaab ek kam karein, aap khud hi uthake unse bat karle. Kyuki mere liye ye admi mar chuka hai." As soon as these words left her mouth, his mind alerted.

And the atmosphere was followed by a series of silence.