8. Aks

"Par kyu?" Musa asked hearing Falak's response.

"See.. I... Just don't." And Just like that she made her way out the cabin. She had recorded the ways of Noorani head office in her mind in this one year. So it isn't a problem for her to walk alone inside the office building.

"What happened to her?" Musa asked to Zoya sadly. She looked at him for a moment before making her way out, following her daughter. But not before giving Musa an understanding nod.

"Falak...Falak ruko bacche." She said and the little girl, who has reached the parking lot, turned around.

"Kya hua hai Falak. You have never behaved the way you did today. Aapko kyu nahi jaana waha? Aap humein batae. koi dikkat hai apko?" In the most polite way and tone possible, Zoya asked Falak who looked distressed.

"Nahi mom. Koi dikkat nahi." replying curtly, she took a step back when Zoya tried to grab her shoulder.

"Ab humse jhooth bolengi aap?" Zoya sounded hurt and Falak couldn't control her tears.

"Humein maaf kare mom. humse bohot badi galti ho gae hai." Falak's sudden outburst surprised Zoya. She hugged her daughter and let her calm until she can speak.

After a few minutes, she calmed down and Zoya waited for her to speak.

"Aapko pata hai na... ki hamesha se... hamesha se humare koi dost nahi hai. Apke, dad, Iman aur Rahil bhai le alawa kisi ne humse ache se bat tak nahi ki hai. Aur fir achanak ek din Musa humare samne aae aur hume bohot ache se treat karne lage." Now Zoya started to have an idea where this conversation was going.

"Hmm." She said and waited for Falak to speak.

"Uske...uske bad wo humse contact main bhi rahe. Aur unka humare liye treatment bhi nahi badla. kabhi humara fayda bhi nahi uthaya. na koi limit cross ki. toh hume...I mean shayad hume....wo ache lagne lage hai." She let out yet another whimper.

And Zoya froze on her spot.

"Hume pata hai ki ye galat hai. aur humare dil main aise thoughts nahi aane chahiye. Par...isiliye humne ab socha hai ki hum apna distance maintain karke chalenge unse. Isliye hume unke celebration main bhi nahi jana." She ended and scooted back from her mother and waited for her reply.

But her heart started to beat faster when she heard someone else's voice.

"Falak..."