2. Rihaa

"Ammi, aapse kuch puchna tha." Amaal's voice made It's presence and Jannat who was working in the kitchen, turned around.

"Pucho." A simple reply.

"Ye sab log Anam phupho se itni nafrat kyu karte hai?" And Jannat turned around in a snap and looked at her daughter from head to toe in shock.

"Arrey! Ye kaise sawal puch rahi ho? Pata nahi hai kya tumhe kya kia hai unhone?" Jannat asked and folded her hands at her breast.

Amaal looked at her movements than said.

"Malum hai. Bhag gai thi kisi gair mard ke sath bina dada jaan ki marzi ke. Par kya itni si baat par taya abbu ghar chodne par utar aaenge? Mujhe nahi lagta." Amaal was a very smart girl, Jannat realised.

And then, heaved a sigh.

"Itna kyu sochti ho tum." She said and shook her head. Just at that moment, her father came inside the kitchen.

"Achaa hai na. Mera khoon hai, smart to hoga hi." Behroz said while hugging Amaal and then looked at Jannat to see her glaring at him.

"M..mera matlab hai tumhara. Hum dono ka khoon hai, smart toh hoga hi na." He altered his statement and Jannat gave him a sly smile before heading outside the kitchen.

"You are so scared of ammi, no?" Amaal asked while side eyeing her father.

"Let me tell you a thing child, people in love are crazy." He said and Amaal smiled. It's indeed true. The love which she grew up witnessing was the pure and fragile love of her father for her mother and vice versa.

In the whole Durrani haveli, Behroz and Jannat were the loveliest couple. And most probably the only happy couple too.

"But tell me na abbu ki Farukh abbu Anam phupho se itni nafrat kyu karte hai?" Listening to her words, Behroz let out a similar sigh as Jannat gave earlier.

"Uske peche acha khasa reason hai. Sunna hai?" Behroz asked his daughter who nodded seriously.

"Toh suno. Kai baras pehle Durrani ki jameen par kisi Khan khandaan ne kabza kia tha. Suleh ho nahi pae. Toh dushmani ban gai. Hote hote khandani dushmani me badal gai. Aur uss khandaan ka akhri shaks yani Murtaza Khan." He said and Amaal's face made an O face in realisation.

"Wo toh Anam phupho ke shohar hai na?"