5. Tapish

It had been about a month and everything was going smoothly in the Mustehasan household. Pashmina and Farhan, her husband were off to their house two days after the ceremony.

Amir was back to his college in another city after a week. Umar and Usamaah's high school re started too. And elders were back to their work as well.

Mahi and Zayyan were also happily abiding their daily routine. Where sometimes Mahi woke early, and sometimes Zayyan. Nothing was fixed. They believed it was the other half's duty to wake his or her other half for morning prayer, no matter who it is.

They had a perfect understanding in between them. He went to work daily after dropping Mahi to her college. Life was good, until Dawod suggested something one morning.

"Subah' khair nana jaan." Mahi sweetly said making everyone look at the head of the family. Soon everyone else too greet him.

"Subah' khair baccho." He said and eyed Aris and Ahmed, and then cleared his throat. Both his son looked at him and understood.

"Zayyan, Mahi. Baccha mausam kitna accha ho raha hai na aajkal?" Aris started and the couple looked at him curiously. Then looked at each other in confusion and then back at him.

Everyone else was curious too.

"Aap achanak aisa kyu puch rahe hai chote abbu." Mahi asked and took another bite from her chole chawal filled plate.

"Tum logo ko nahi lagta ki tumhare nikkah ko kafi time ho gaya hai?" Now Ahmed said making Mahi's eyes go wide.

"Abbu! Aap kaha jaa rahe hai main sab samajh rahi hu." She replied hastily making the three old men smile widely at her.

"Accha! Toh kya khayal hai tumhara?" Dawood asked her happily.

"Nana jaan aap bhi? Apko nahi lagta main abhi bohot choti hu uske liye? College tak khatam nahi hua abhi mera." She gasped dramatically and Dawood's eyebrows furrowed.

"Kya...kya matlab?" He asked with uncertainty.

"Main abhi baccha paida nahi kar sakti." Mahi announced with finality in her tone and Zayyan choked on his food. Seher who was sitting next to him, gave him water and rubbed his back. After he was okay, he looked at Mahi and then at the three men wide eyed.

"Mujhe bhi abhi baccha nahi chahiye." He supported his wife making his dada jaan palm his face.

While Aris and Ahmed panicked.

"Baccha? Baccha kaha se beech main aya?" Aris asked to Ahmed.

"Mene nahi bulaya." Ahmed replied and recieved a slap on his head by Dawood.

"Paglo. Dhang se bat karni toh aati nahi. Jaise bate karrahe the tumlog, Mahi ko galat fehmi hona jayaj hai." He said and everyone else accept these two were more confused now.

"Toh..baat bacche ki nahi hai?" Mahi asked and got nervous a little.

"Nahi bacche. Hum toh ye puchna chahte the ki itne din ho gaye, mano ek mahina sa hone aya tum dono ke nikkah ko, toh kahi ghumne kyu nahi jate tum dono. Akele." As soon as nana jaan's words left his mouth, they both looked at each other.