2. Tapish

As soon as Pashmina came down the hall, she was confused to see everyone's worried face. Eshal, Zayyan's mom was crying and Seher, his choti ammi was consoling her.

Some men were running here and there. And Zayyan was no where in scene.

"Kya hua? Aap sab aise kyu baithe hai?" Pashmina asked and went towards Eshal to comfort her.

"Jo naa hona tha, wo ho gaya." Aris, Seher's husband and Zayyan's chote abbu said.

"Kya matlab? Zara khulne batae Bhai jaan." Now she was getting very anxious.

"Zeenat...Zeenat bhag gai." Zayyan's younger brother, Umar said when the elders refused to say anything.

And they heard something fall. Looking at the stairs, they realised the falling sound came from there. Mahi, who was standing on the last stair heard everything and her room keys fell, making the noise.

"Bhai ki begum bhag gai!" She exclaimed loudly and everyone panicked while signalling her to shhhh.

"Arrey ab jo hai so hai! Aap log Mujhe Kyu chup kara rahe hai. Mene toh pehle hi kaha tha, un khadoos se koi shadi nahi karega." Mahi let out and looked away.

But surprisingly, her family was quite. And that's never the case after she says something like this.

"Kuch zyada nahi bolti tum." Mahi's eyes widen at the voice which came from behind. She turned around and saw the great Zayyan Mustehasan standing on the topmost step.

Slowly, he came down the stairs and stood besides Mahi. All While maintaining an eye contact with her.

"Ab karna kya hai Zayyan?" Zayyan's father, Ahmed asked.

"Kya karna hai ka kya matlab hai? Nikkah toh ho kar rahega. Zeenat se nahi to kisi aur se. Arrey apne khandaan ka Kuch man hai ya nahi. Aise mitti main nahi milne dunga main use." Ex-Major Dawod Mustehanas, Zayyan's dada spoke the first time in a while. Being an ex army officer, his family name was his top priority.

"Par abbu-

"Kuch Par war nahi. Jo mene kaha, wahi hoga. Meri nazar main toh ek ladki bhi hai." Dawod said making everyone look at him.

"Kon abbu?" Pashmina asked.

"Mahi."