1. TAPISH

The bright Sunday morning was doing wonders that day. As the whole Mustehasan khandaan was busy preparing for their elder son Zayyan's nikkah, there was someone busy with something else.

Mahi Bano, the youngest child of the family.

She is the daughter of Zayyan's phupho. Unlike the stories, his phupho loves and dotes on him dearly and is not evil.

But her daughter is an oddball. She does weird things at weird times. And everyone finds it adorable. Except Zayyan.

"Mahi taiyar ho?" The pat on the door and her mother's voice startled Mahi. She turned around and looked at the door and then towards herself.

She was in shorts and cotton t-shirt. Something she wears inside her room, when she is totally alone.

Quickly going towards her cupboard, she pulled a random plazo and wore it before opening the door. Her mother looked mortified.

"Ya Allah! Mahi! Aadhe ghante main function start hone wala hai, aur tum abhi tak taiyar nahi hui!" Pashmina said to her daughter who looked at the watch to see the time being seven at evening.

"Arrey! Abhi toh subah thi. Itni jald sham kaise ho gai!" Mahi complaint and got a slap on her forearm by her mother.

"Kya kar rahi thi tum tabse?" Pashmina asked with narrowed eyes.

"Assignments." Replied Mahi and pointed towards her bed, full with files and books.

"Yahi samay mila tha tumhe!? Vese toh kitabo ko hath tak nahi lagati tum. Nalayak! Jao aur jake taiyar ho ab." And with that she shut the door close on her daughter's face and went away.

But not before warning her, "adha ghanta hai sirf tumhare pas. Koi bahana nahi sunna ab mene. Taiyar ho!"

And Mahi sigh.

Just Ammi things!