4. Tapish

The morning for the family members was different as Zeenat appeared. But for the newly weds, it was completely different.

"Ahhh." A scream came from him mouth when he sensed a glass full of cold water glittering his presence. Looking at the person who threw the water, he death glared Mahi.

"You weren't waking up since So long. Toh mujhe check karna tha aap zinda hai ya nahi." Mahi sassed, put the glass down, and made her way towards the dressing table. She just came out of the shower and was now wearing a green salwar kameez.

"Tum aadhi pagal ho kya?" He asked.

"Nahi. Par apke sath rehke ho jana hai mene, pura pagal." She replied him and then laughed at her own joke.

She was so lost in the laughter that she didn't even realised when Zayyan came besides her and holding her wrist, pulled her towards him. She collided with him and to not let her fall, he grabbed her waist.

"What are you doing." A nervous Mahi asked to her shohar. Who kept on looking at her.

"What do you want me to do?" He asked still gazing at her eyes.

Then, there was a moment of silence before She spoke again.

"Brush. Your mouth stinks." And then, she freed herself from his hold, put the scarf around her head, and made her way out. Leaving an amused Zayyan inside the room.

ווווווווווו×

"Ammiiiii Dekho na Mahi aapi ne mera paratha le lia." Usamaah cried for his ammi. While Mahi, unaffected, kept eating her stolen paratha.

"Arrey. Toh kya ho gaya. Bhukh lagi hogi bechari ko, dekha nahi nikkah main kitni thak gayi hogi. Tum dusra paratha le lo." Eshal scolded her own son and Usamaah gasped.

"Aur...I think ab tum logo ko Mahi ko Mahi aapi nahi, Mahi bhabhi bolna chahiye." Amir commented and everyone made an Ooohhhh sound.

While Mahi rolled her eyes.

"Tum Mujhe bhabhi bolo chahe dadi bolo, mujhe koi farq ni padhta." Surprisingly enough, everyone was too silent at her this remark.

Which only meant one thing.

"Nana jaan woh..." Turning away she realised Dawod heard it. And she tried to explain. But before she could, the old man came and took a seat besides her, and smiled.

"Tumhari nahi ka naam Mehtab tha. Par pyaar se use hum Mahi hi bulate the." He said and smiled at his favourite grandchild. Leading everyone else to laugh at his sentence.

And then they All continued to laugh and chat with eachother, while Zayyan stood at the stairs. Watching her now wife blending with his, now their family happily, with a smile.