4. Izhaar

"Aap galat samajh rahi hain dadi jaan.... Hum aur ye... Hum toh inka naam tak nahi jaante. Inki gadi se hum takra gae the aur humare haath se khun aane laga. Toh ye bole ki doctor ke paas le jaenge hume. Par humne bola ghar chod dein. Bass isliye inki car main aae hum." She explained to her old lady, who listened to it all. Her expressions never changing but.

"Usse farq kya pada? Wajah chahe koi bhi ho, gunah toh ho hi gaya hai na. Ek gair mard ke sath toh rahi na tum. Hum tumhe ab nahi apna sakte. Tumhari jimmedari ab Aziz khandaan ki nahi hai." The old lady announced as a few more family members came down the large mansion.

All while Warda looked at her family And grandmother wide eyed, while Veer tried to control his anger on this bullshit.

What kind of idiot lady is this not to trust her grand daughter, neither think logically?

His thoughts about the lady weren't nice at all.

If not for the shocked little girl near him, he might have fought with the old woman.

"Kaisi... Kaisi jimmedari ki baat kar rahi hai aap ammi?" Another Lady from the family, which looked like either Warda's mother or her aunt, asked the old woman.

"Warda ko iss admi se nikah karna hoga. Tabhi hum apnaenge ise. Warna hume koi lena dena nahi iss ladki se." And her announcement made all of them, especially Warda and Shahveer go numb.

They didn't even knew each other's name and this lady was talking about nikah?

"Ye kaisi baatein karrahi hai aap ammi? Warda aur ye.." The man, most probably Warda's uncle asked.

"Hum sahi hi toh keh rahein hai Zaid. Galat kaha hain. Aur ab ispe koi charcha nahi hogi. Yaa toh ye nikah hoga, ya aaj se Warda aur Aziz khandaan ka rishta khatm." Warda's dadi said with final tone.

And done with this drama, now Veer said his words.

"Theek hai. Hum lenge inki jimmedari. Karenge inse nikah." And that was it all took Warda to break down in tears, sliding on the floor. She had no control over her own life.

And he realised how his decision to protect this little girl was right, when he saw no one from her so called family come to support her as she was crying on the floor.