Chapter 25- Another Day on Bondi

A few days had past and I had finally got my bandages off. Although still looking a bit bruised from head to toe nothing was going to stop me from surfing and most of all working.

I had been told to take a couple days off but I wasn't going to take any of that. Why wouldn't I want to come to work, when I have the most beautiful office in the world?

Up extra early this morning, I had a point to prove. That I was absolutely fine. 5 am and it was likely the boys wouldn't be here till around 6. I had an hour to get ready.

I pushed in the key and turned it around until it flicked the other side open. Pulling up the roller door to another glorious day. I jumped into the rhino heading out once again to beach I now knew well.

Luckily for me it was still summer and the sun rose early, but in just a few more weeks that beautiful start would be in the pitch black. 

The wheels started to turn and I was out of there. When I had finally made it to where the flags needed to be standing, I pulled out the shovel and started to dig.

Not long after I was done, I grabbed the flags out and swung them into the perfect position. Before lastly dragging the boards and signs out and making my way back up to the tower.

No one was on the beach yet apart from the usual morning soft sand runners. "Hey Taylor", one of them called out as he sprinted past causing sand to fly in all directions. "Good morning", I replied.

This was the best job anyone could ever ask for.

I forcefully pulled up the old shutters and finally opened up the rest of the tower. 5:30am and still half an hour left before the rest would be here. "Maybe I'll wash the windows", I thought to myself.

I ran down stairs to get a bucket and filled it with water, grabbing the squeegee on the return up the stairs. This left me with another 15 minutes to spare.

"Time to take a seat", I said out loud.

Beach set up ready to go, windows cleaned, rhino waiting for its first patrol. I had finished and now I couldn't wait to get on patrol once again.

"Wow your up early! have you set up already?", I heard Hoppo call from behind me. I spun around and replied "Sure did, all ready to go boss". "You must of been here before the crack of dawn, good job", Hoppo continued.

"Didn't take too long boss, maybe an hour", I commented.

One by one the rest of the boys started to arrive. We didn't even officially start until 7,  because set up usually took around an hour. "Time for a spot of training then aye boys", I cheered.

"Righto, mays well not waste time then",Chappo replied.

"How about a board paddle race?", Taco interrupted. "I don't see why not lets go", I answer.

Myself, Taco, Chappo and Mouse made our way down to the water each carrying a board whilst Hoppo and H remained in the tower.

"Ok so will go out to the point back across come in run to there and repeat", Chappo pointed. It wasn't a serious competition but there was no reason not try, it was all in or not do it at all.

"GO", one of them called.

The race began....

Shortly after we had all completed the race. Taco first, Chappo second and I had beaten Mouse for third.

We dragged the boards back up and got ready for the day. "Impressive guys, good job", Hoppo greeted us with as we re-entered the tower.

Each of set off on our patrols for the day.

12 am quickly ticked by and it was time for lunch. I ran up the stairs grabbed my back pack and headed out the back door.

Not that I was in a rush or anything, I just wanted to for fill the half an hour I had. What's wrong with that?

I found a shady spot on along the promenard and swung my legs down. Although the concrete was hot it was my favorite weather.

I opened my back pack and pulled out my chicken salad roll. A couple of bites in a felt someone touch my shoulder.

Suddenly this young man jumped down beside me, but then I realized who it was. "Ollie, what are you doing here", I said in a surprised voice. Totally socked to see him.

I'm moving to Bondi, I've had enough of my dad and thought I would come see how ur going and check up on that surfing.

"Have you got somewhere to stay, OMG that's great, what are you going to do?", bombarding him with questions.

"Well not yet, and I'm just gonna volunteer with the clubbys on the weekend and find a job during the week I guess", He smiled.

"Where's your stuff, your coming with me", I demanded as I dragged him up. "In my car, where r we going", Ollie asked.

I jumped into the drivers seat and told Ollie to get in. Started up the engine and drove around the corner. "You can stay with me until you find somewhere", I stated.

"Are you sure?, Thanks Tay", Ollie answered.

"I got to get back to work my rooms straight up the stairs and to your right, here's the keys", i said before running in the other direction.

I walked back into the tower and took a seat a the desk. Bondi, one of those places where you never know what's going to happen.

AUTHORS NOTES. 

SORRY IT'S BEEN SO LONG, I'VE BEEN REALLY BUSY. JUST WONDERING IF YOU GYYS THINK I SHOULD DO P.O.V (POINT OF VIEWS) BY THE OTHER LIFEGUARDS TO MAKE THE CHAPTERS MORE LONGER AND STUFF. WELL I HOPE YOU LIKE THE BOOK AND KEEP READING. PS: SORRY THIS CHAPTER WAS KINDA SHORT, IT'S REALLY LATE AND I GOT TO GO TO BED AND I KNOW SOME OF U REALLY WANTED IT UPDATED SO HERE IT IS :D 

THANKS