Chapter 35- Shock Waves

"I just need to sit down, honestly I'll be fine", I tried to explain as the boys assisted me into the tower. " You. Really should go to the hospital and get an X-ray, just to make sure", Deano stated.

Ever since I had got here I hadn't wanted to show any signs of weakness, it was hard being the only girl and I wanted to be able to prove to them I was no different to the boys.

"Here, I'll just lay down for a minute", signalling to the medical be. Making my way to the bed, my right arm holding my ribs and my left guiding my body onto the table.

I could fell a wetness at the bottom of my eyes start to build but I wasn't going to cry. Wiping my eyes with my left hand, I lay back on the bench.

"Hey what's happened to you", I hear a voice from the doorway. Of course they had told quinno of all people, part time paramedic part time lifeguard.

"Nothing really, just a bit of an accident", I reply giving a fake smile along with it. "What about those ribs aye?", responding straight away.

His questions had distracted me from the server pain until he had brought it up. "Ow", my teeth grinned together as a sharp pain traveled from my ribs.

"Ther.. There fine", I finally was capable to make a cohesive sentence in between the pain. "They don't sound like it, give me a look", Quinno stated with a concerned look on his face.

As he lifted up my blue shirt, slight bruising had already started to form. I whined again as the pain was almost becoming unbearable.

Quinno hadn't even touched my ribs yet and more and more sparks of pain spread through my body. "I'm going to touch our ribs to feel for any cracks okay", his voice full of confidence but his facing telling a different story.

It wasn't like there was going to be anything they could do if my ribs were broken anyway. Now for the news I dreaded to hear. "I think they are broken not all of them but most defiantly some", Quinno explained.

"Great", I spat out my, voice full of sarcasm.

"You're not having any problems breathing are you?", he asked. "I don't think so", I replied. "We'll if you're not going to go to the doctors you mays well go home, we can't have you making them worse. You don't want it puncture a lung", I head from above me.

"At least I'll be able to get back early if I leave now", I started giving a smile smile. "Your going to drive back to Brisbane, 12 hours with broken ribs, I don't think so", the boys exclaimed.

"How else am I meant to get back by tomorrow", I slightly raised my voice. "Looks like your stuck here until you recover", They laughed.

This wouldn't be such a bad thing if it wasn't for completely ruining my plans to not miss much school the year. Well I guess I'll be around a few more weeks until I can get up to Brissy. Doubt I'll be doing any rescues soon I thought to myself.

Next problem how do I explain this to my parents, or do I even bother?

Authors notes: 

Hey guyssss. Sorry I Havnt updated lately been very busy, more chapters coming soon. Please keep voting and reading. See you soon

Is anyone else excited for summer coming soon?