Chapter 42- A Normal Day at Bondi

"Can all swimmers in this area please move towards the red and yellow flags that way", I repeated for what seemed to be he 100th time. The ignorances of some people who decide to come here, read the signs yet still swim in the dangerous areas.

These are the people who always end up being rescued whether they are weak, or the strongest swimmer alive. Our patience was wearing thin as yet another group entered the water in front of us.

"You're going to have to go get that one", Deano signalled as a young male started to drift further out. I grabbed the board that hung on the side of the rhino before swiftly entering the ocean.

As I got closer to the tanned British teenage, multiple cries for help became apparent.

Not just one member of the group that had only just entered were in need of help, but close to five or six.

The boy grabbed ahold of the Rescue board as I pulled him up, before making a quick turn to pull another victim from below the water's surface.

Raising my arm into the air, I signalled for back up. Quickly dropping the two swimmers to shore I made my way back out to assist in the rescue of the remaining swimmers.

Deano was already in the water as I brought another two in. It was as if it was rush hour, with multiple swimmers going under all at the same time.

As we dropped one last swimmer in, both myself and Deano returned to the rhino where H and whippet lectured many of the swimmers all from the same group.

It was a pretty ordinary day weather wise and not a load of beach goers, but there are always that one group of people who don't want to follow the rules.

My shift was almost over. I had been on the early shift today and it was time to get out of here. Although being my favourite place on earth it was always good to get away from it as well.

I returned to the tower to grab my backpack as the boys for the afternoon shift had already arrived. Exiting the tower I made my way along the promernard.

I wasn't in a hurry to get back to the apartment but I had a small amount of extra assignments I needed to finish before heading to a meeting with Jesse and Maxi along with some others.

With a cold bottle of water in one hand and my jumper in the other, I entered the surf club. A couple of waves and nods at a few local customers and workers, I climbed the stairs and opened the door to my room.

I loved this apartment so much. Not just because its cheap but it has lovely views and is so close to the beach. Grabbing out my school books and pens I quickly started on the much needed work I had yet to complete as so I would be finished in no time.

A couple hours had past and I still had an hour to spare till I needed to leave to get to the meeting. I hadn't been for a beach side run in a while so I decided to find my Asics' and go for a quick run.

...

Cranking up the music through my iPhone as beads of sweat fell from my forhead, I decided to have a rest as I came to a park bench. The sun was beginning to set and that was my cue to head back to the apartment and get changed.

Struggling to lift my body from the bench I remember I needed to pick up lunch on the way back tonight.

...

Not soon after I found myself exiting the surf club once more. Wearing a plan red button up shirt and denim jeans, along with black converse. The engine of my car roared as I left the small car park and moved onto the road.