Chapter 13- Traineeship Exchange

I found myself at the doors of the tower once again dressed in my blue Bondi lifeguard shirt thinking how amazing my job was when the door swung right open in front of me.

"Hey Taylor I've got some exciting news for you, follow me", Hoppo said walking across the road to the pavilion.

Still in shock from what just happened I snapped back into reality and ran across to catch up. "what is the new", I asked excitedly.

"Take a seat and I'll explain the whole thing", Hoppo said me not knowing wether I should be worried.

I pulled out the old but modern Woden chair with a comfy cosh in on it and sat down.

" Well when are you going to tell me", I eagly asked.

Hoppo smirked. "Well you have been learning so many new things over the last few weeks and now we would like to send you to the sunshine coast for one week as part of a traineeship exchange", Hoppo exclaimed.

"Wow that sounds great, when will I being going", I asked excitedly.

"Well I know this is a bit of short notice but you start tomorrow", he said.

"Ok I'm fine with that, I'll catch a plane tonight", I exclaimed

"Oh you don't have to work today if you don't want, you can get an early flight", Hoppo corrected

"Nar Nar it's all good", I said

Hoppo handed me all the info and I headed back towards the tower. I bolted across the road and into the tower to get out of the burning sun.

"Taylor you can head down to where Deano is in backpackers rip, looks like its going to be a long day", I heard Tom call.

As I finished strapping me belt on and slipped my arm band on I ran down the stairs and jumped onto the back of the rhino dunstan was driving.

He dropped me off at backpackers and took off up to flat rock.

I walked over to where Deano was stirring in his rhino.

I jumped int the passengers seat and carefully watched the water. 

"I thought you were suppose to be heading up to the sunshine for a week?", Deano asked

"Yeah I am, catching a flight tonight. Should be a good week", I replied

After a couple hours of patrol I was released by Ben and I headed upto the tower for my lunch break.

I took a seat on one of the comfy roller chairs and reached down to my back pack and pulled out my banana.

I sat back and watched the crowd grow. I wondered if it would be as crowed up on the sunshine coast.

......

After a few hours it was finally knock off time.

"See you guys in a couple of weeks",I called out

"have fun", the boys called out.

I headed over to the pavilion with my back pack on my back and grabbed my essentials out of my locker and stuffed them into my bag.

I started my walk back to the surf club house.

The sun was setting over the water and it was just like I was in paradise.

When I got back to the club house I quickly started packing a weeks worth of stuff into my suit case.

It only took me a few minutes and I was zipping my bag up.

I grabbed my phone off charge and called for a taxi.

....

I grabbed my small suit case and headed down stairs.

A few minutes later I found my self sitting in a taxi on the way to the airport.

After a short ride I was at the boarding gates ready to go. I boarded onto my plane ready for a short plane ride.

"this is your captain speaking, we are now ready for take off", came over the loud speakers.

........

I finally arrived after a short trip. I hopped into another taxi and found myself staring at my new home for a week.