Chapter 41- Back to The Place I Know Best

I had finally got back to Brisbane a few weeks ago and today I was heading back to Bondi for my first weekend shift since the accident.

No one at home knew what had really happened, I had told them that there was a shortage of staff and that I was need and that's why I hadn't been back for so long.

Luckily enough for me they had bought it, that was after I had shown them all my school work completed, and they trusted I was telling the truth.

It's not like I wanted to lie to them or anything but my life depended on it.

Maybe not literally but they may not of ever let me back to Bondi for the remaining of the year, let alone ever if all I did there was get injured and hurt all the time.

I changed into some comfortable clothes, placing my school uniform in the laundry basket. My hand searched for my car keys throughout my back pack.

With a few goodbyes as usual the engine of my car started up and I was on the road once again.

The car came to a stop as a red light appeared, 1 new message lit up the screen "When are you getting in", from Maxi.

I had almost forgotten only Jesse and Maxi knew I was coming back today, that was only because I had been in constant Skype calls with them almost every 2nd or 3rd night discussing what was going to be happening with The Ride.

I didn't reply to the message till I found myself a couple of hours out of Sydney at a Maccas store.

I had left my departure a little bit later in the evening, as so I would be able to drive through the night and arrive early Friday morning.

It was 3am by the time I walked out of the take out food store and entered my car once again. For 3am I didn't feel very tired even through I had been driving the last 9 hours.

The drive wasn't too bad though, I mean I got to listen to music for 12 hours who would get tired of that right?

Time pasted as a scramble of different songs played throughout the speakers, before I could finally see the sun rising. It wasn't long to go now.

Even though I had spend so much time here I couldn't wait to be back and this time I would be able to do what I loved best.

My car finally made its way into the small car park that I had come to know quit well as my legs rushed to get inside to shower before heading back out.

How could anyone be tired when you've got such an exciting day to look forward to.

My body was layered with my favourite clothes. Big bold Lifeguard spread across the back of my shirt. Lets get this day started.

It wasn't long until I found myself standing at the best place in Sydney. Bondi.

I couldn't see any of the boys yet so I decided to start setting up. Boy had I been looking forward to this, I hadn't been able to do this for so long.

Time past and the beach was almost ready for the day as I placed the last board beside the flag pole.

As my small body turned around I heard clapping. The boys were standing around the outside of the tower as I brought the quad bike back. "Nice to see you back", I heard one of them yell. "Good to be back", I replied.