Chapter 43- Skype

School holidays were just around the corner and it was impossible to be anymore excited. The best thing about school holidays were that I would be spending them at Bondi for a solid 2 weeks, but sadly there were still 2 weeks left of the term.

Back at school again I impatiently watched the clock tick clockwise until it was finally 1'oclock.  The Bell rang once again and everyone shuffled out of the small, cramped classroom and out the back gates.

Grabbing my bag, I swung it over my shoulder and waited  for my brother to meet me by the carpark. 

"Taylor!", He called "Sorry I'm late", My brother continued as we got into the small car. In no time at all we were back at home and I had a very important Skype call to get to. 

My hand ran over the laptop as my finger found the right button, bringing the screen to life. Typing in my password and waiting for my Mac to load, I quickly scrambled, grabbing a snack from the kitchen  before returning to my desk.

Before I knew it both Maxi and Jesse's faces were present on my screen. "How's school?", Maxi asked. "Fine, but more importantly how's Bondi? Ive been watching the weather reports, looks like it's pumping," I answered, more curious about whats been happening in Bondi rather than here.

"Yeah we've had a few rescues, but we don't have much time, so lets get to business." 

"So the ride is scheduled for around September. We have a fundraiser just before it to help raise the last few funds." Maxi and Jesse continued to explain as the night drew on.

....

My eyes darted to the clock to check the time, 2am bleeped in front of me. Sleep wasn't on my mind any longer nor did I have the attention to return to it.

It still wouldn't be light here for a few more hours yet and I didn't want to wake anyone up. I logged into my computer yet again and clicked on the chrome button.

....

The hours passed as I searched for crucial research information. Jet-skies, fundraises and more, but as the sun appeared through the blinds I knew this would have to wait as it would almost be time to leave for school soon enough.

....

Each day I walked out of the car and returned. I was one day closer to being back at Bondi doing what I so madly missed.

Only it was taking forever and I was desperate to return to my second home.