Chapter 32- A Whale of a Day: Part 1

It was great to be back at work after a pretty intense first week, back at school. I had only come back up last night and arrived very early this morning as it was the first time driving down instead of flying.

This was going to be something I would need to get use to. It wasn't going to be too bad, I mean 12 hours thats not that back right?

I was leaving tommorow afternoon to get back in time for school at 7:45 on monday. I know, I know. Why only come up for 1 and a bit days and have to spend 24 hours driving? But it was totally worth it, Bondi it was just that kinda place that draws you back no matter what.

I pushed the door open to the tower and flung my bag down along the counter. "What did I miss?'', I asked as tom and taco were scanning the water.

"Not much man, but we got a new kid on the block again", Taco answered. "Really whos that then?", i responded. "Harrison, your on patrol with him now. Off you go, don't lead him astray now", Taco replied, placing his binoculars on the  table below to finish off his morning tea.

"Righty o, see you guys later then", I cheered as i made my way down the stairs. It had only been 5 days away from here and it had felt like an aternity already. It was so good to be back in buisness.

"Hey, you must be harrison", I yelled to a man standing beside Maxi with his  back turned. "Thats my name, and you are..", He replied as he slowly turned around dropping his jaw.

"The names Taylor, hurry up then were ment to be on patrol", I replied. As i made my way to the drivers side of the rhino I could hear Harrison say something to Maxi. "I didnt know any girls worked here".

It was suprisingly quiet for a sunday however the beach was packed with surfers. Not much big sets but just enough to please them.

"So are you a local boy?", I inquired. "Argh yeah lived around these areas most my life, what about yourslef then umm Taylor..?", Harrison replied.

"No definatly not, im from brissy", I answered.

"Rhino 1 to tower, What are the surfers gathering around out there?", Harrison radioed. "I'll go out for a look, be right back", I yelled as I garbbed a rescue board before the tower had answered.

I paddled out there what seemed like around 30 surfers some further back then others. I had no idea what they were looking at. SPash. A great big black with a white underneath tale flung out of  the water and came crashing back down.

A humback on Bondi, so close to sore. This was the first time I had ever seen a whale in person let alone so close up. "Arhh", A surfer screamed as the tale rentered the water again. 

The tale had wipped him as it had landed again. The whale was slowly moving further out, into deeper water as I quickly paddled to see the comotion. "He's been hit by a whale", Surfers yelled. 

Worried for the safety of the man, I drew my board up along side where he tred water as his board had been taken from under him. 

"Are you alright?", I asked pulling him onto my board. "My back", He yelped. I signaled the tower to signal we might have a spinal.

"Okay you need to try to not move", I explained to the middle aged surfer.

I jumped off the board as we came to knee depth water, as to be able to pull the board up slowly.

to be continued...

Authors comments: Hey guys, im going to be writing more often now to try and get some more reads up. My goal is to get to 20,000 by the end of the year. Im so close to 12,000 already and it s not possible without you guys. Thanks.

Next chapter will be up tommroow  or in the next few days depending on assignments due this week. I promise :D