Chapter 26- More Than Just Friends?

"Time to wake up", I heard called from across the room. Ollie standing at kitchen.  

"What are you doing?" I mumbled as my eyes a justed to the light.

"Making breakfast of course, you know breakfast is the most important meal of the day", Ollie smirked.

With a smile that stretched from one side of my face to the other, I got out of my bed and made my way over to where Ollie had been standing. "hmm, smells good", I said as he plated up mouthwatering pancakes, toped with golden syrup and a range of fresh berries.

"Why thank you, now let's eat", he replied. We took our seats at the small dining table, and dug into our delicious breakfast. Ollie had been staying with me for a few days until he could find a house near by.

"How's the job search going?", I murmured as I scraped the last remaining few berries off the plat. "Ok, I guess", Ollie replied not sounding too bothered about it.

"Well I have to got to work", I responded as I picked up my backpack and headed for the door. "See you later", I called as the door swung shut behind me.

As I walked out the door I heard Maxi behind me. "Hey, you want a lift?", Maxi asked. "Thanks but no thanks, I'm on Bronte today", I replied.

"Your first proper patrol off Bondi aye, have fun", Maxi called as he shut the door to thus car.  

Soon enough I found myself standing at Bronte, followed by the soon arrival of Azza and Taco.

"Ok so today well be setting up the flags here, and you and Taco will be completing some training drills depending on the conditions", Azza instructed.

"Let's do this", I cheered and Taco followed behind.

A few hours later and our shift was finally over.

I grabbed my bag and started to make my way up the stairs, when I was suddenly surprised to see Ollie waiting for me. "Hey what are you doing here", I smiled.

"Not much, just wondering if you wanted to go get some fish 'n' chips or something", Ollie replied. 

"Sure, I love fish 'n' chips", I answered.

We made our way over to the fish 'n' chips shop and placed our order. "$7 worth of chips and 2 pieces of crumbed cod, please", I said to the lady as she jotted down our order and pinned it, hanging with the others above the kitchen.

A couple of minutes later "$7 worth of chips and 2 pieces of crumbed cod!", the young lady shouted from the counter.

I walked up to the counter and grabbed the food and returned to Ollie. "Let's go to Bondi", Ollie insisted.

A couple of minutes later and we were at Bondi. It was only 1 ish and there was plenty of people at the beach still, this was basically prime time and there was plenty of lifeguards on especially on days like this.

None of the boys really knew about Ollie, and I kinda wanted it to stay that way for now. I was only 17 and still at school and basically one of the new kids here and wanted Hoppo to know I was fully focused on being a lifeguard and that nothing would get in the way of that.

But then there was Ollie too.

We walked down the ramp and took a seat along the back of the beach. It was the perfect view but it was still so busy at the same time.

Ripping the paper open, the fragrance of hot chips with chicken salt filled my nostrils. A few minutes in and almost half the packet was demolished all ready.

Me and Ollie were just friends, but I don't know if that's how he sees it. I don't want to hurt his feelings. 

I could see Ollie trying to make a move, when I heard something. "Taylor", I saw Hoppo call from a distance, as he raised his hand in the air directing me to come.

"I'm sorry I've got to go", I said as I dashed up from the sand and away from Ollie. I ran as fast as I could. I didn't know if I had crushed Ollie, did he like me? I had no idea.

"Yeah boss", I called as I got to the stairs. "Beardy's had to go home sick, and since your here your on", Hoppo stated.

I couldn't say no to the boss, this was my dream and nothing or no one was going to get in the way.

"Yes Hoppo, where do you want me", I replied.