Chapter 38- The Best and Worse News

I wonder what this propersition they keep talking about is. Only a few hours I had been away and everyone is wanting to talk to me.

"Okay so what's this propersition", I ask curiously.

"Well you know how both me and Maxi are doing a ride in Septemberish", Jesse started to explain. I had heard a little bit about this 'ride' they called the ride east coast but I had never paid much attention, too busy caught up in school and work.

"Yeah.....", I answered. Still wondering what this had to do with me.

"We were just wondering if you wanted to come with us", He continued. WHAT my subconious screamed from within.

"Are you serious?", I replied not sure if this was reality or not.

"I'll send you the details later so you can decide but your will need to start training and those ribs will need to heal first", he added.

I don't even know what to say or think.

"Taylor", I hear from behind me this time it was the boss.

My body turned around and made its way into the small office. "How can I help you Hop", my nerves started to kick in.

"We need to have a chat about this situation", Hoppo said, his face left emotionless and colourless.

"Okay... Should I be worried", I replied.

"We'll your ribs are going to need some time to heal, so I've decided it may be best to let you off the traineeship until they recover", His lips mumble just loud enough for me to hear.

What just happened, 'may be best' No.. WHAT... this can't be happening.

"Umm.... Yeah I don't know", are the only words I can find.

If it wasn't for my ribs I would still be patrolling and at school right now. Why does he want to get rid of me so soon?

"Just have a think about it, you can always come back in the summer", he continues as I find my self walking away from the building as quick as I can.

I don't care about my ribs anymore, the pain or agony is not going to stop me. Breaking into a run I find my self back in the flat stripping down into my bikin and boardies.

Before I know it, I am paddling out deep into the ocean.

I turn around to face the beach I had grown to love with all my heard. A few boys in blue continued to lock up the tower as I watched them head for home.

Not many remain on the beach as the sun begins to go down.

I don't know what to think or do. But at this point in time I belong with the ocean. The pain from my ribs have escaped as I sit motionless on my board as the tide laps at my thighs. What was I going to do, would the preposition still be open.

Time past as I watched everyone leave one by one. My Body not up for surfing today, I just lay there watching the world go past.

I found myself slowly paddling in as my feet reached the land again.

How has this perfect life just turned upside down after one conversation. With my board under one arm I walked a few metres up the sand before I couldn't take it anymore.

Shoving my board to the ground, my legs practically collapsing under me a tear rolled down my face. The waves crashing making a sweet but violent background noise.

More time past and I continued to sit there sir what felt like hours.

I look at my watch and it's almost 8pm, it's pitch black and I need to get home. I decide its time to leave and brush off the sand from my legs and board as I head for the ramp.

It's not long before I find myself at a familiar door as I turn the knob and enter, but for just how much longer?

Plugging my phone into the charger I fall asleep straight away forgetting about dinner.

I don't know what I am suppose  to do.