S3C Chapter 23: Feelings to the Side

Pearl POV

An alarm was going off for about ten minutes, with three of those minutes being spent on the tiny squid trying to reach for her phone with the alarm without getting up.

Once she had gotten it she turned off the alarm and laid there flat for a minute on her face before slinking herself upwards and pinching her eyes almost all the way shut to look at her phone screen.

She yawned while checking the time.

Pearl: Yo, sweet, new record for shutting off the alarm...

She rubbed her eyes and proceeded to slowly and lazily get up out of her bed. Once she was finally up, she headed for the kitchen to get some breakfast before even changing out of her pajammies.

While she was walking through the halls and scratching herself, she noticed she had walked past an open door and backtracked to take a look inside.

Inside the room was a tall Octoling who was seemingly drooling on a desk in front of her laptop.

Pearl: Hol' up. Marina? You're still here?

She asked confused at the presence.

Marina immediately shot upwards out of the seat.

Marina: IT'S DONE!

Pearl: Huh?

Marina turned and saw Pearl standing there looking at her. Both of the two looked tired with one out of laziness while the other was out of sleeplessness.

Marina looked like she was trying to focus her vision on Pearl.

Marina: Pearlie? What time is it?

Pearl: Early.

Marina thought to herself for a moment.

Marina: If you're saying it's early, it must already be pretty late...

She said out loud to herself before seemingly falling asleep while standing up right there.

Pearl snapped her fingers in front of Marina's face waking her up again.

Marina: I'M UP!

Pearl: Marina, I get this project you've been workin' on and you're doing it while we're on the tour's break, but I think you should cut back on it a bit and not stay up all night doing it. It's not good for your health, yo.

Marina: Pearlie, you stay up until morning to play video games all the time.

Pearl: Exactly! Important work!

Marina: Well it doesn't matter!

She said in a happy and tired manner.

Marina: Because I finished it! I'm finally done!

Pearl: Oh, for real? That's awesome, Marina!

Pearl turned around back towards the door.

Pearl: Let's celebrate with a winner's breakfast.

She said while smiling both at Marina's accomplishment and the thought of how she was still hungry.

She was distracted by the realization that Marina didn't respond and she didn't hear any noises behind her. So, Pearl turned around and saw Marina was once again standing up sleeping in the middle of the room again.

Pearl: Or, I guess I will while you can enjoy a celebratory nap.

Pearl said as she walked over to Marina and started guiding her hand to the bed so she could lay down peacefully and get her energy back.