S2C Chapter 63: Growing Pains

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N) was walking through a crowd of people.

The festival brought out many people to see all of what it had in store. There we many stands for games, snacks, etc. So many fun things to do with one's friends.

Walking through them all alone though was (Y/N).

He looked down while walking among the people until he stopped and saw a group of kids playing one of the games at a stand.

(Y/N) looked a little sad about it before walking off and looking at all the other stands around.

Suddenly, he just stopped walking. He found a spot between a couple of stands and decided to just crouch down between them.

(Y/N): [Why did I even come here..? There's nothing for me here...]

He had his arms around his legs and put his head down and hid himself in his knees.

Marie POV

Marie was walking through the festival with her cousin Callie who was holding onto plenty of things they had either bought or won at the stands.

Marie: Are you sure you haven't gotten enough snacks yet, Callie?

Callie: Enough snacks? There's no such thing, Marie! When parents aren't around to stop you at least.

Callie's eyes quickly darted to her side.

Callie: Speaking of which, I just spotted something I need to get real quick. I'll be right back!

Callie then took off in a direction before even waiting for a reply from Marie.

Marie: Wait, Callie! Don't just run off like that! What if you get lo- she's already gone...

Marie sighed but then let out a chuckle at her cousin's antics.

She looked around at the stands while waiting for her cousin of never-ending hunger to return.

She spotted many people stopping to enjoy the stands and stand operators trying to pull in more people to their stands, but then she saw something that stood out from the rest of the scenery.

Between a couple of stands was a child who was all alone and had balled up into his arms and legs.

Marie looked over to see if Callie was done yet or not, but when she didn't see her cousin, she decided that she'd check what was wrong with the child hidden from everyone's sight.

(Y/N) POV

???: Is something wrong with you?

He was surprised to hear someone suddenly so close to him and questioning him out of nowhere.

He raised his head to see a girl with short grey tentacles looking down on him.

(Y/N): I don't know...

He answered her before resting his head on its side atop his knees once again.

???: What do you mean you don't know? Are you stupid or something?

(Y/N): I'm not stupid!

He jumped his head back up quickly to defend himself on instinct like a child would.

???: Then why are you sitting over here?

(Y/N): I just... I'm all alone here...

???: Why didn't you just bring your friends with you then?