Chapter 48

Josh P.O.V

I have a need to see Cadence. I wanted to give him space, but I can't find it in myself to allow it. I need to see him now and clear things up.

I sprint down the stairs of the building and make my way to the forest. That is the only place I would know to look for him. Plus there aren't many other places he could hide.

Other than the forest Cadence and I didn't go anywhere else around The Oasis. The town was rather crowded and he preferred to stay away from people. If I am going to find him the forest is my best bet.

I walk through the trees in search of Cadence. The forest is rather dense and I know it will not be easy to find him. He could be to the other side of The Oasis in only several days of traveling.

I look for any signs that Cadence could have been through the area. Unfortunately, he didn't leave any indications. I sigh and continue to travel deeper into the trees. I won't give up my search until I find him and make things right.

'This is my doing. I refused to tell Cadence the truth. I kept things from him; things that would hurt him. I didn't even talk to him about children. He most likely doesn't want them. My job was to impregnate him. I hope that I did not succeed.'

I sigh as I walk. The sun is beginning to set and makes me worry. I do not want to leave Cadence out in the woods at night. I'm not sure what could happen, but normally being in the woods at night does not end well. I would rather not take any chances.

I continue to walk until I cross over into the trees of good memories. I pick off a leaf and bring it to my face. I smell the apartment, the scent of the lake, and the forest; all places where Cadence and I had good times together.

'Now that I don't have Cadence these memories are torturous. They are cruel reminders of what we used to have. Of course, I never want to lose those memories, but I would prefer not to think of them at the moment. They will only be happy once more when Cadence and I are back together. If that doesn't happen then they shall remain as painful reminders that I betrayed the one I love.'

I decide to go to the lake, figuring Cadence might be there. It was really one of the only other places we were. It's the only other real place I can think to check.

'If Cadence isn't there then I'm not exactly sure where to look next. I will look for him until I find him, but it might take a bit longer than anticipated. I will search until I find him. I love Cadence and will not stop until I confront him. I want to explain myself and if he still hates me after that then so be it. We will go our separate ways, once and for all.'