1. Twins

Clover Peyton

"This is your chance to start over," Alex glared at me, and I almost felt like he was trying to make me feel worse,"without jacking anything up with your male students or student to be exact. You're lucky I'm a officer and can hide files like that for your sake."

I nodded, giving him a kind smile of thanks.

I am still surprised that he's with me. After everything that's happened and what I've done...I don't deserve to have anyone in love with me... If you can even call this love.

"Yes. Thank you for that. I don't deserve you."

"You're right. You don't deserve me. You're lucky I'm still putting up with being able to look at you."

I expected him to say that, but it hurts worse to hear it come out his mouth.

Alex and I aren't mates, our parents want us to be. My mom and his mom have been friends for years, and decided for the both of us to become mates. At first I was on board, and he was kind enough and seemed to be the perfect mate. But when our moms backed off and left us alone his true colors showed.

He was mean, and controlling in all ways possible. I didn't want to be his mate anymore, and he said he never wanted to be my mate. That he was seeing someone else, I even met her on accident - if you can even call it an accident.

Walking in on them doing the deed, in our bed, wasn't the best thing in the world. So I practically had to ignore it and grab my things. It's embarrassing that I let him do that to me.

And in the process of him being a total douche, I met someone at the high school I was teaching at. He was eighteen and a senior, and we met when I was teaching in his class.

At first he was just there for tutoring, but then came the feelings that I never had for Alex. The guy did and said things to me that I wanted Alex to say or do to me. He even went to the extent to buy me a necklace. He was kind of...full of himself and it's just a picture of him taking a selfie. But it was more than anything Alex has ever done for me.

I told him about the things with Alex and I, and I really thought - even the guy thought we were mates. But, somehow, we got caught while we were on a date. I knew going to a restaurant with him would be a bad idea...but he insisted.

I was then fired, was told I'd never teach for high schools again, but Alex, for some reason, hid the files on me. Said that I was "lucky" that my mom convinced him to do this. And I was lucky enough to get a job at a new high school that I'm driving to right now.

This high school is well known for their famous or rather famous parents that send their students there. So most of the students there probably have money and the teachers that work there are lucky enough to be walking among them I heard.

As I drive up the hill I turn in, being met by a fence. I see cars on the other side, along with a huge high school that sits atop that hill. When I pull up to it it opens, allowing me to drive in as I look for a parking spot. But only to see the spots are by teachers names in alphabetical order. And my last name is Peyton...

By the time I find my parking spot I already drove through four log rows of cars. Some cars were nice and I envied them.

I reach behind my seat, grabbing my bag that has my stuff in it for my history class. I have always been a fan of this and educating people on world history all around.

I turn the car off, grabbing my keys as I step out.

The air up here smells cleaner than when I was down there!