51. Wedding Shower

Clover

"I like your basement." I find myself saying, Yale smiling at me as we enter the basement of Edwards family home.

"Shouldn't say that to me. This is Eddies basement. He let me occupy the bottom level while he occupies the third floor."

"You rich ass people problems. I don't get how a house can have so much levels."

"Me neither." He mocks, and I look at him as he smiles.

But I wonder. Did Sawyer and Reed ask the two of them? I haven't seen Edward, and the twins left early to help with Edwards bachelor party.

"Hey, umm..." I start saying, Yale looking at me as he waits." Yesterday, did the twins ask you about if they could bring two friends to the wedding with them?"

"Yes, actually. I told them that I can't give them that answer because I don't know this Danny person. Wasn't he the one that snuck in my office with you?" 

I blush, getting embarrassed.

"Yeah. Sorry about that-."

"No! Thanks to you and him Eddie and I have let out all our secrets, now we love one another even more. I should be thanking you."

"And should I be saying 'your welcome'?" Yale nods, smiling some more.

I sit down at the circular couch, watching as Yale turns on all the lights.

"Is anyone else coming here?"

"Yes actually. It's not going to be full of women, I'm telling you that. Pretty much family. I...I invited my parents and some of my friends. Well...they aren't really my friends except Fitz."

I grin, wondering why he stuttered in the parents part. Who doesn't want their parents to come?

As we sit here Yale plays plays with the fabric on the pillow and there's just awkwardness.

"So, what made you fall in love with Edward?" I ask, and Yale looks up at me as he blushes.

"I fell in love with him - one because we're mates. But I fell in love with him before I knew he was my mate.

"I think it was the fact that he wasn't like the rest. And he always made me happy and being around him felt good and made me feel good. He can smile at me and I feel better about anything that I was feeling down about.

"I...I love Eddie. I can't describe how much I love him. I thought sleeping with women would change how I felt for him, but it only made it stronger. And having all those children doesn't make me happy. I don't consider most of them my children. I don't think most of them are mine, I just took them in when the women tried to be slick. Then I pushed them away.

"But in secret, I'm telling you this because I think you can keep a secret-."

"Nope." I say point blank, and he raises his eyebrows." I'm kidding."

"Okay... In secret Eddie and I - when the kids were growing up until about fifth grade - still maintained to be friends. It would be awkward sometimes because him and I would flirt without knowing it, then when we'd both realize it, it'd get more awkward.

"But...I do love Eddie. A lot. To the moon and back."

I smile, loving this. This is one of the cutest things I have ever- 

"Clo!!!!" I looked up, seeing the twins running down the spiral stairs. Yale looked up in shock, and they both hopped on the same couch as him, and there was Niko walking down the stairs.