8. Feeling Rebellious

"What happened to your lip?" Niko walked into my classroom, early for some reason.

"I was just feeling...rebellious today."

"If you were feeling so 'rebellious' than you'd be late to my class."

"I'm not that rebellious." I smile, his finger running over the black segment lip ring on his lip." Besides, yesterday I became your Chihuahua, so I have to be the warm body in your sleeve."

I wasn't wearing long sleeves today, but I went along with it.

Now we were both just standing here, a little awkwardness between us. I walked to my desk, him following with me. Grabbing a chair, sitting beside me.

"So...yesterday..."

"Yeah?"

"That whole kiss thing..." Nikos cheeks became pink, which was a big first for me.

"Yes? If you don't tell me the whole thing I won't understand."

"It was nice...good... It had been a long time since I got to kiss you... I kind of wanted to do it again - I still do!"

I couldn't help but giggle quietly at his words, a smile coming along.

"What happened with the whole...thing yesterday in the office...? I still am sorry about that-."

"That wasn't your fault. I mean, my dad has done things in the past that can't be forgiven. He has slept around numerous times and that's the result for so many different siblings of mine. Because we all are related because of him, but we don't know our real mothers."

"What? You don't know your mother?"

"No... I'm kind of used to the twins mom already and we all call her mom. But she's not actually my mom so I don't really like saying it much. Sometimes I get mad at my dad for being that way, messing up the family tree and spreading it for unknown miles...

"And the thing is, he never says sorry. It's embarrassing to have to look at my siblings and be like, who's are real mom? None of them are fully related to me, and that's pitiful on my dads part.

"So I don't have anyone to run too or someone to confess my wrongdoings too. And my dad always says if I use my last name, I'll get away with anything...so that's exactly what I do."

I can't imagine not knowing who my mother is. Her and I are very close and every boy or girl needs that motherly love in some way...

"I'm sorry..." No wonder he says ' I'm a Grey, I can get away with anything '. Now I know why.

"Don't be-."

"No! I feel bad hearing this come out of your mouth! This explains why you treat people the way you do and act the way you do. Because of your dad!"

Nikos eyebrows furrowed in, his lip curling into anger as he stood. Kicking the chair, making it hit the trash can.

"My actions?! That's all me! My dad has nothing to do with how I am. Yeah, he has taught me that my name will get me out of anything, but that's about all! Please," he grabbed my hands, his eyes pleading with me,"don't blame my dad for how I am. Way to many people do it and I'm getting tired of it... Don't be one of them..."

I lick my lips, trying to cypher all of what he said.

He was right, I don't want to be like the rest. Blaming his father for how he turned out, if I did, I'd be like the rest of them...

"Will you say something? I'm hanging on a loose thread here."

"I won't be one of them." I say, nodding my head with satisfaction.