16. Thanksgiving Party

"I don't like parties." I look at the invitation that the twins father, Principal Jones gave me.

"How come? My sons insisted that you come. And I can't deny them, and you are their mate."

I sigh, hating the " you are their mate " card.

"So what. It's inappropriate on their behalf to make you invite me even though you probably didn't want to-."

"No. I've been meaning to speak to you. So this party is a perfect opportunity to do so. It's casual and don't be shy if you want to bring a friend along. But this is a family get together thanksgiving party." He added, walking off as he waved at some teachers who blushed.

Great. This is a family get together. He has something he wants to speak to me about. And this will definitely put a deadpan thought into everyone's minds when they meet me.

The twins never told me about this, which worries me even more.

They haven't been to school for a few days, I forgot to ask the principal about that.

Guess I'll find out at the party...

Saturday...

"This is some house..."

I blink, looking up at their house - no mansion to be exact. Not to mention that the parking leads almost to the back of their house. So I take the liberty to walk on, coming upon a rock stairwell.

As I head up I start to smell chlorine, gasping to see a long pool meet me. The real water sparkling against the suns rays.

"Wow

"Wow..." I say breathlessly, seeing the beach chairs on the sides and two under a...I don't even know what it's called. But it provides shade.

The plants that grow back here are green, healthy alongside a palm tree.

A hot tub on the edge of the pool...

"Nice huh?"

I scream, jumping in surprise to fine just Sawyer, making me slap his chest. Making him laugh as he rubbed his chest, smiling.

"Hi Clo. I see you became Dora the Explorer, you're just missing the monkey and the backpack, then you're all good." I smirk, finding myself to hug him. Surprisingly I missed these twins. This whole school week they weren't there and it was quiet. Niko was there, but it wasn't the same.

"I missed you two..." I mumble into his chest, hearing him chuckle, wrapping his arms around me too.

"Of course you did. Who wouldn't?" I yanked away, making him smirk." I'm kidding. I missed you too."

Now there was silence. Not to mention we haven't seen each other for so long, but I feel like it's kinda awkward.

"Anyway! Why are we standing out here? I forgot to mention, you look beautiful." He wiggles his eyebrows, and I blush.