42. Triple Date

"I don't wanna go anywhere with you two dweebs." I fold my arms as the twins pull me along, practically dragging me.

"Spain is a beautiful country! And since we are here our little Spanish accents will soon take a effect yes?" I looked at Sawyer funny as his voice suddenly had a little edge and tone. Soundly lighter and smoother.

It was kind of...sexy?

"That's great and all, but where are you two taking me?" I ask, and they both look at one another as I am pulled into a car.

"Have you ever heard of Gothic Quarter?" Reed asks me, and I shake my head.

"Well, Gothic Quarter is literally two different regions. A place for the rich people, and then there's the not so rich. It fades from 'not so rich' to 'very rich'. It's mean in some sorts but, everyone here appreciates everything they have. Nothing's taken for granted." Sawyer says, and I nod. Thinking about things I might've taken for granted.

"The ones that suffer in poverty are the best people to meet and hang with. They don't try and take money from you, they just take the chance to experience anyone foreign because most people won't visit the poverty part of things. Have you heard of anyone wanting to visit a complex overcrowded with people who need money?"

"No."

"You just did." I roll my eyes." Anyway, we will see the beautiful and what others might call 'ugly' parts of Gothic Quarter. Why not show the person we love the most our most favorite spots?" Reed smiles, and I smile back, feeling a blush coming on.

"Aren't you afraid of being robbed?"

The twins laugh, the taxi driver looking at us in confusion. Looking at us like we were from Mars.

"We won't be robbed."

"But-."

"Trust us. We won't be robbed." Sawyer says in a tense voice. And I even believed him.

"How do you know. I don't mean to offend those people, but...isn't it only natural that they'd rob the-."

"This isn't the U.S. People over here don't rob you because of money issues or just because. We should know, we came over here all the time as kids."

I nodded, and as we crossed a bridge, Reed and Sawyer just looked out the windows. I just sat in the middle, bored as I couldn't read any of the signs.

But the landscapes slowly faded from modern into Victorian.

The grass becoming darker, the sky suddenly having swift clouds. But the blue was brighter, somehow under the bright sun.

You could see people appear. Walking along the old cracked sidewalks. Talking and not holding phones, but actually talking.

Some reading books and the casual few kids playing sidewalk on the cobblestone road. Laughing and not having a care for the world that their shoes were falling apart.

That a boy had on a Dora T-shirt and still be happy and not embarrassed. Everyone was laughing, and genuinely looked like they were having a great time...

"Let's go." The twins got out from each side, and I got out on Reeds side. Away from...everyone else. Reed was soon running around the car as him and Sawyer were yelling something in Spanish, the kids laughing.

Screaming "Si! Si! ¡Venga!" (Yes! Yes! Come on!)

The twins had the ball, kicking it around as Sawyer passed to a boy who did a little trick with the ball on his shoulders.

Everyone clapped and then he dropped it, kicking it to Reed. He started doing the thing I believe they call a "rainbow" in soccer. Passing it to another kid as they started running.