15. Explanations

"What?!"

Alex hopped off the table, his finger pointing at the twins.

"This is illegal! As a police officer I can report this!"

"But you won't." I say. He glares at me, digging in his pocket and holding his phone.

"Is that a threat? Misconduct to an officer, another thing I can report you on." He dials a number, pulling it to his ear.

I look away, looking at the twins that seemed frazzled in all this.

"Aren't you scared that he'll arrest you?" Sawyer asks, glancing at Alex with fear present in his eyes.

"That's the thing. He cares to much about me to see me get in trouble...but then he doesn't care to see me hurt so... He's kinda wishy-washy." I tell them, looking at him to see that he is looking at his phone.

"Chief didn't answer - but when he does I will get you in trouble-."

"Don't hurt yourself." I interrupt, making him roll his eyes.

The twins get up from the bed, and that's when I realize that they are the same time height as Alex.

"How did I get here?"

"When it was Halloween, when Niko gave you those chocolates, they were...like...sexy chocolates. It has a drug in it to make your hormones go crazy, making you get all excited. Then you passed out and we brought you here in Nikos car, then he left not wanting to be yelled at."

Yeah good thing. I would've screamed at him so loudly that the next door neighbors neighbors could hear me.

"Yeah. Then they said their your mates and crap and persisted to barge into my house. Saying that they won't leave until you wake up. And since Mr. Greys son was here he demanded that they stay until you wake. Damn there Alpha genes!" Alex looked away from me, eyes now on the twins.

"Now, you two, explain. How are you two Clovers mate?" He sat back on the table, folding his arms again." I'm waiting."

"It started when she was being directed to her class when she first arrived there. Reed and I saw her when she was with Nikos group, and I think I can speak for both Reed and I when I say... It felt like the world froze for a millisecond when we saw her. And when we let out our testosterone, we knew immediately she was our mate when she became affected."

"Wouldn't any person below an Alpha be affected by an Alphas testosterone?"

"No. Not in her case. Well...yes you can be, but it's just that feeling inside that tells you and the smell... She's ours." Sawyer looked over his shoulder at me, a smile coming on.

I had to look away, because he wasn't wrong. It was the smell, almost like a-

"Drugs. I don't take drugs, but sometimes when I smell Clo...it's like I'm on a drug... Right?" Reed turned to me, grabbing my hands as he sniffed the air." Like right now?"

I couldn't help but nod. This is probably one of the most intimate conversations we've had. And it doesn't hurt that Alex is here and can finally see that I'm over his bull... But I don't truly believe that the twins are my mates yet. I just want Alex to leave me alone.

Should I feel bad?

"This is bogus!" Alex jumps up wildly from the table, waving his finger around crazily like a wand." You really think I'll fall for this crap?! Remember, our mothers want us to be together-."

"By the way you've been treating me I'd think differently." I glare at him, making him dig in his pocket, grabbing his phone.

"I'm...I'm calling mother!" He stomped out the room, making me roll my eyes.