23. The Heart Wants What It Wants

"Four-leaf Clover!" I look, seeing Niko walk over with a smile on his face. I smile back, wondering how long it's been since we've spoken.

"Yes Niko-."

"You're going to the Winter Prom with me." He tells me, and I almost want to laugh.

"Wait. Are you telling me or asking?"

"No I'm telling. You're gonna go to the prom with me-."

"No I'm not. I'm not even going with the twins..." They haven't even asked me yet...not that I really care! I don't want to go to no high school prom, it'd be inappropriate.

"Maybe because they're going with the other pair of twins that go here. So now I'm taking my-."

"Wait they are going to the prom with different twins?" I interrupt, almost surprised.

"Yeah...oops! Did I just ruin something?!" He covered his mouth and I shook my head, he knows exactly what he's doing. Trifling...

I had no idea those two were even going. They told me about it but said prom wasn't their thing. It must be if if they're going with a different pair of twins.

"What's their names?"

"Ask the twins. How about you get them back and go out with me?" I look at him, narrowing my eyes to see if he was lying.

The twins don't seem like guys that would just...go without going crazy to ask me... I just don't see it.

"If I am to go out with you just know it does not mean we are something. Just as friends. Nothing more, nothing less. We...we can't be anything because the twins are my mates." Niko didn't look like he believed me, so he smirked.

"So is that a yes?"

"Let me make sure first."

I turn away, grabbing my phone, calling Reed. He's brutally honest and won't tell me what I want to hear.

"Yello?" I heard him answer, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Hey it's me."

"Hey 'me' what's up?"

I roll my eyes, seeing a sign about the prom being tomorrow night.

"You know the Winter Formal that's going on?"

"Yeah? Why?"

"Are you and Sawyer going?" When I ask this the line becomes quiet, and I hope the answer he will give me isn't what Niko said.

"Because I want to know if you, Sawyer, and I want to go together-."

"Oh it's okay! We have...we have other dates because you don't like going to things public with us because it's 'inappropriate'. Sorry, but it's the truth."

I gulped, knowing they didn't mean anything negative by it.

"You still could've asked." I mumbled, hearing Reed clear his throat, awkwardness between us.

"You know what, I can't feel sorry for you. You tell us countless times that it's 'inappropriate' this and 'wrong' that. So this time, we just didn't ask because the rejection at some point gets old. Would you like me to say ' I'm sorry '? Because we both know I'd be lying."

I hang up, turning to face Niko who looked pleased with himself.

"Yes I'll go to the Winter Formal with you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~🌪

Reed

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Sawyer cries, glaring at me as we walk in the mall.