7. Sad Truth

"I promise you, I am not seeing Reed and Sawyer and Niko Grey. This is all a big misunderstanding." I look to the three of them as we are sitting in the front office.

The twins look content, since we are in the principals office. Which is their dads office. And Niko looks like he wants to punch the life out of them, his knuckles becoming red.

"Dad, Niko has been very inappropriate with Ms. Peyton. So we tried our best to warn her to stay away, resulting in a fight. But it was verbal not physical."

"Mr. Grey, is this true?" Principal Jones looked at Niko, the sun reflecting off his glasses so that you can't see his eyes.

"Yes, but-."

"No buts. A butt is on person. Why...why are you always up here for arguing with my sons? You know, you and your father and I used to be best friends. Then, do you know what he did? That made me hate you Greys so much?"

I am confused. I look at Niko, his face red and fear actually registering on his face. The twins look so satisfied and happy right now...

"No-."

"Yeah, you do. Tell me, like, right now. It involves their mother."

I could hear Niko gulp, and Principal Jones looked so pissed right now. It almost scared me how much this principal intimidated me. And he has barely said a thing to me. Only...bullying Niko...

"My father was not the cause of your wife leaving you. It's not my fault that she got bored and was easily lured in by my fathers-."

"I'd recommend you shut that little Grey mouth of yours. You're just as blunt and contemptible and vile like your father... It sickens me to see that you and him look so much alike, and he sent you to this school knowing very well how I felt. Having to see your face and reminding me of what he did...making me see him as well..."

I had my hand over my mouth at this point. I felt so bad for Niko, and seeing the three of them beat him down like this.

"Wait-."

"Don't interfere." Sawyer hisses, somehow silencing me.

"Principal Jones, I'm not my father. I would never date old woman-."

"I'm only forty six, and their mother is forty five. You go home and get to call her 'mom'... My own children can't even call her that anymore... He gets to kiss her, love her, even had the guts to have children with her..."

What...I'm new on all this and that's just...bitchy...

"Your father made me your godfather. But soon didn't have the guts to take it back when he took my wife from me... My mate... Tell me, Mr. Grey," Nikos eyes were closed, his teeth digging in his bottom lip, blood starting to appear slowly," What did your family do to deserve everything? What did you do to deserve to look like your father and have everything your way? What did I do to lose my mate? What did my children do to lose their mother in fourth grade?"

Niko opened his eyes, his eyes somehow becoming darker.

"Tell me, and I'll let you
go." Nothing." Come on. Tell me."

He folds his arms, a nerve pulsing on his neck, jaw clenched.

"Tell me! Now!! Tell me!!!" Principal Jones was scaring me, and the twins were glaring at Niko.