54. Sick

"I'm sorry, I don't understand you." Eddie pleaded to the woman that was yelling something in...Portuguese.

"Eddie doesn't speak South African!" I growl, pushing him back as I now stand in front of her. She looks me up and down, spouting some nonsense again.

Pointing her old, boney finger at my face, then she rested her hands on her stomach. Spinning around and hopping from foot to foot.

"Let's just go." Eddie whispered to me, and I nodded. We held hands as we started walking towards the car as someone carried our luggage.

Until I am being yanked back, looking to see the woman holding my wrist as she still shouted her gibberish. Then she poked my stomach, two fingers coming up.

"Baby! Two! By man! What sin!" She shrieks in a language I understand. And my skin becomes pale as others start staring.

"I'm not pregnant! See a psychologist!" I retorted, sneering as she started screaming the thing over and over again, pointing at me.

I turn away, running past Eddie as I ran to the car. I hopped inside, closing the door before he could come.

I watched as he was talking to some guard and the guard nodded, walking in as I'm guessing he's going to that delusional old lady...

Eddie walked back slowly, opening the door as he looked at me. I folded my arms, scooting over as I looked out the window.

I heard him sit, closing the door. And from the side of my eye I saw him looking at me.

"What?"

"That scene. Was that necessary?"

"She was wrong. I'm not pregnant."

Eddie looked at me, sighing.

"I thought you were so content on having more kids-."

"I was! I'm not so sure anymore!" I shouted, Eddie looking at me as his eyes started to narrow.

"Be honest with me." He grabbed my hands, and I looked at him." What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just scared."

"Of?"

"Scared of people to judge. To try and hurt us or maybe our kids. I don't want them going through any of that. And I'm scared that I'm bringing children into the mix at the wrong time."

Eddie raises his eyebrows, looking at my stomach.

"Are you...?"

"Don't know. By the way she was acting I must be. I have to see later in the few weeks coming-."

Or car went over a bump, and I covered my mouth as I felt something arising. Not now...!

I felt vomit edge towards the top of my throat, but I forcefully swallowed it. I shook my head, trying to clear the nasty taste in my mouth.

"Anyway..." We awkwardly sat in the car as it drove, the divider from the driver and us up. So that he can't hear anything that we do on our side.

Eddie is texting the twins on his phone and I have my phone, but Niko said texting your parents is lame. And I agreed...

But Eddie makes it work.

As we are going to be sitting in here for three hours I can't imagine what I'll be doing. But I do suddenly have an urge to be close to him.

I throw my legs over his lap and lean forward onto his arm. And he looks at me with raised eyebrows, amusement in his eyes.