73. Baby Steps, For Sure

"Cloooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr!" I look as I see Sawyer running towards me. Reed not too far behind him as he walked like a normal person in this mall.

Eyes went on Sawyer as he hugged me. Mumbling Spanish into my ears as if I understood what he was saying.

"Yes? Sawyer?"

"We got your text." He said, breathing in and out as he was catching his breath." You were going to go baby shopping or something."

"I was going to go choose clothes for them."

Reed finally made it to us, sighing as he held ripped pieces of paper.

"I know we might be going to the fancy places for baby clothes, but I brought coupons from Yale so that we can get fifty percent off of baby diapers."

I smiled, taking the coupons.

"Ooh! Pampers is the best."

"I know!" He squealed, smiling excitedly.

I put them in my pockets, rubbing my hands together as they followed along.

"Ready to do a thing I like to call...baby shopping?" I mocked from Sawyer, and they both cheered.

I looked at Reed as we walked on, seeing him kind of avoid my eye contact. I sighed, walking to Sawyer.

"Is it okay if you can rush back to the car and get me my...gum pack?"

"Gum?" He dug in his pocket, pulling out Extra gum. I shook my head, even though I would've taken it.

"I don't like that one! I want mine!" I whine, and he pouts.

"But 5Gum and Extra is the same thing!"

"No the hell it not!" I hiss, and he sighs.

"Fine! For you two!" He points at my stomach, jogging off.

Reed watches him run off, facing back forward. I grab his wrist, making him have to look down at me.

"Yes?"

"Are we gonna talk about New Years Day? Whenever..."

"I remember, no need to hash things up like you usually do," He sneered, taking me aback a little," Besides. I got over it."

"No you did not!" I growl, and he looks at me. Looking away with a smirk on his lips.

"You're just lucky I didn't tell Sawyer. Because he's the one person who would be hurt most by your words. It's a good thing you took your anger out at me." He threatens almost, making me jump as I see Sawyer jogging back towards us.

I tighten my hold on his wrist, glaring at him.

"You wouldn't..."

"Who knows."

And right when Sawyer gets to us we smile.

"I brought gum for you two!" He rubs my stomach, handing me the packet of gum. Making me take a piece out and put the pack in my pocket.

Now that I had gum and the talk with Reed that backfired, we began to walk on.

Stopping at stores and examining things for the kids. Our kids...it's gonna take me awhile to get used to that...

"Ooh!" I looked, seeing Sawyer run inside a baby shop. Probably disturbing all the peace and making me shake my head.

But I immediately regretted it as Reed walked right past me, shaking his head.