11. Flurry of Emotions

"He pisses me off." Reed shook his head, nose scrunching up in disgust." He had the nerve to imprint on you, then he just bails on your date?! That's so...I don't even have the answer!"

"You both bit me without my intent too."

"Yeah, but at least we didn't run away. We embraced it, unlike him, he was a coward. Just when we were starting to put things on a new slate. Now he shitted all over the cleaned, shiny slate. Reed, I'm gonna need a mop for all his shit that he dropped."

Sawyer pretended to hold a fake mop, and I grinned.

"He was just...conflicted on the whole church thing-."

"Stop defending him! He's not five. He's a guy who needs to take responsibility for his actions and his feelings, not bolting from them like he's Usian Bolt." Sawyer said.

"Do you see us using our name like it's some trophy and all that crap he's pulled. I can't with that guy!" Reed folded his arms, looking away.

It was Thursday and Niko hasn't come to school since this Sunday. I don't know if I'm the cause for it but I somehow feel...bad. But it...makes me angry. I usually like to be positive and think of everything and everyone is good in some form.

Right now if I was to see Niko I'd be pissed off.

I don't know of why, but once I thought that the door opened, revealing Niko.

He had some stubble on his face, and held a slip in his hand. It was lunch time so I don't know why he's here.

"Hi..." He croaked, glancing between the three of us.

Silence was all that was heard in my classroom, the twins stepping in front of me.

"No, move." I say, Reed and Sawyer looking over their shoulders at me. Eyebrows raised at my voice." You heard me, move." Immediately they scooted off to the side, eyes round in shock.

I walked to Niko, taking his slip he held in his hand. I read it, seeing it say that he was off because of family circumstances.

"You have a lot of explaining to do." Is all I say, until he grabs my hand.

"Clover-."

"Don't touch her." Sawyer slaps Nikos hand off mine, making him growl angrily.

"Why a monkeys bottom not? She's my mate you know-."

"No. No she isn't. There's a difference between here," Reed poked his head and eyes," than here." He finally poked his chest right where his heart was.

"Don't tell me that like I don't know what those two differences are! I think she's beautiful in every aspect, but I also feel something in my heart. Unlike you two dunderbrains I've known her way longer-."

"So? Is that supposed to be a threat-."

"Enough!" I shout, silencing all of them at the same time." I'm sick of being between you three. Let's fix this once and for all."

I look at Niko, sadness and anger rendering in his eyes.

"I didn't appreciate you running out on our date - I won't even call it a date. I felt like I was...babysitting a child into their new elementary school-." From behind me I heard the twins snorting under their breath, making me roll my eyes.

"Anyway, you bit me, then ran off. I didn't appreciate that either-."

"Clover-."

"It's...it's Ms. Peyton..." His cheeks became pink, but his skin became pale as well." For now!" I add.