Chapter 70

Jungkook's POV 

I walked back to Hanuel while thinking what that maid said earlier . She wasn't lying ......as if she really heard my heart speak . I sighed and chewed my lips while staring at the sky filled with lanterns . " Where you walked away ?" The soft voice whispered near my ear making me turn and look at the owner of the voice . 

Hanuel . 

" The more you'll bottle up your feelings , the more you'll lose your chance . Yes , there are still chances if you'll think positive , but if you'll not even try ......then you can't never achieve what you deserve . " 

" I was ....." I took a deep breathe and looked around with a faint smile . I stared directly in her eyes before grabbing her wrist gently and pulling her to a secluded area . 

Hanuel looked around and gasped seeing the view , It was a part of village but as people were busy in celebrating , the place was vacant

Hanuel looked around and gasped seeing the view , It was a part of village but as people were busy in celebrating , the place was vacant . She smiled at the sky making my heart thump against my heart . I always liked her since the day we met but she always loved him . But I wanna try.....I don't wanna give up . " I don't wanna give up " .

" Huh ? What ?" She glanced at me . I snapped out and scratched my nape . " Do you wanna say something ? You look like you are hiding something Jungkook .....what's wrong ?" She asked eyeing me suspiciously . I licked my lips nervously while gazing at my feet when I felt her soft hand , gripping mine . " C'mon....tell me . We will marry soon .....If you'll keep things from me ...we won't be able to give example to my men ." She said in a stern voice . 

Example ? Is she acting to be close with me ....just to show her people that we are together , so that they think we are fine and love each other ? What about feelings ? My feelings ? My heart .....will they perish under this big lie ? 

I gazed at her hand and then smiled looking at her . " Jung Hanuel ? Can you.....for once ....like me ? Like you like him ?? " I blurt out not realizing what I said . Her eyes widen , while lips parted to say something .....but nothing came out except a soft sigh . I scoffed and yanked my hand away from her grip . " Mianhe.....for thinking myself so high ....I'm just a poor Hemelian , a pawn for you - " 

Before I could complete my sentence , I felt her soft , moist lips on mine . 

Ara's POV 

Although..

I have no romantic feelings for him yet . 

I can't lose him . He's someone close to me ......He's my fiancé , my future husband . If I have to sacrifice my true love for this Kingdom's future ....I won't mind to do it . Thousands of people gave their life in order to save this Kingdom and If I'll now give up......

He yanked his hand away , eyes filled with tears ." Mianhe.....for thinking myself so high ....I'm just a poor Hemelian , a pawn for you - " Before he could complete his shitty statement , I pressed my lips against his . I can't leave him , even though I don't love him....