Dehydrated [Charles Leclerc]

It was nearing 40°C in what would hopefully be an amazing weekend for the French Grand Prix at Paul Ricard. You were lucky enough to have tickets for the paddock tour that you'd received for your birthday and while you were excited beyond word, the heat and humidity made it nearly unbearable. It also didn't help that you hadn't had the chance to buy some water during the walk from the Fan Zone to the entrance which left you feeling parched and dehydrated.

You were being given a tour by one of the security personnel of Paul Ricard who sprouted facts and walked so fast that you had to jog to keep up his pace and could barely grasp your head around the fact that you were getting a tour of the paddock. It was a relief when he stopped outside the hospitality of Red Bull as it gave you time to catch your breath and try to spy some water; none to your dismay.

"Can we just pause here for a second, this heat is making it unbearable" You asked the security personnel who seemed ready to walk again. Your head was beginning to ache and your throat was almost sore and painful from the dryness of it.

"We can't! We need to clear the paddock by the time the second free practice starts." He replied and you nodded. As you began to walk past Ferrari your migraine was getting worse and your vision was beginning to blur before your limbs felt weak and you collapsed to the floor in darkness.

Charles was jogging black from his motorhome on the track when he heard the commotion and watched in horror as you collapsed to the ground. He raced over to you and shouted for one of the medics that was stationed at the Ferrari Pitstop. He dropped to his knees by your side and put his hand on your forehead, pulling it away in haste when he felt the heat of it. He resulted in holding your hand as the medic check you over. The medic, a man in his late forties by the looks of it, applied ice packs to your forehead in an attempt to cool you down.

"We need to move her to a cooler place" He said, Charles jumped up and lifted you into his arms to carry you into the medical room that was situated on site. It was nearing the beginning of the second free practice and Charles knew he had to leave in order to get ready, so he left the medic with strict orders to keep him updated on your recovery. It was only around 5 minutes after that you began to come around, the world still seemed to be spinning but soon enough calmed down enough for you to sit up.

"I was unaware that Charles had a girlfriend," the medic asked as it handed you a bottle of water which you quickly opened to take a drink out of. It immediately quenched your thirst and you appreciatively nodded to him.

"I don't have a boyfriend called Charles either, Charles Leclerc?" You asked and the medic nodded. "Are you kidding me? I pass out and miss the chance to meet him!" You lay back down and rethought your day; where had it gone wrong? If only you'd drank enough that morning and brought water with you.

It was a few hours later, you were still in the medical room as the heat was still as unbearable outside and there was a fear that you'd faint again (much to your embarrassment) and so you had to deal with watching the FP2 on the TV which was silenced so you had to assume what the commentators were saying. But it was over now and so you were eager to leave the room and get back to your home in Toulon.

Charles had finished FP2 in P3. Happy with his result he chatted to his race engineer before deciding to check up on you in the medical room. As he walked through the door, you let out a gasp.

"Ugh," you said laying down on the bed again with your arms across her head, "I think I'm seeing things." The medic walked over from his seat at his desk and shone a small torch over your eyes.

"You were fine earlier." He said stepping back.

"Yeah, but Charles Leclerc is standing opposite me and he has no reason to be visiting me." Charles chuckled and moved closer. "Hi, you seem to know me but I still don't know your name" You sat up slightly and shuffled backwards, "I think I need something stronger. He's talking to me now."

"Don't be alarmed Y/N. Charles, here, helped you when you collapsed" The Medic said while looking up from his computer in the corner of the room. "This is a bit awkward then." You muttered, sitting up properly.

"Y/N, is it? How are you feeling?" Charles said taking a seat at the opposite side of the bed. He was still dressed in his fireproof clothing with his racing suit pulled down from his waist.

"Like I've been hit by a lorry"

"Ah ... that's not good."

"My dad is travelling up from Toulon to pick me up" You said, "Are you actually Charles Leclerc? I'm not just seeing things, right?" Charles was one of your favourite drivers and you had seen him race often in both F2 and F1 as you always had tickets for the racing events in Monaco and Paul Ricard.

"I am Charles" He laughed and grabbed you hand, "See?" You gasped in disbelief. Of all situations to meet your favourite driver it had to be one where you collapsed in front of him. Overwhelmed, your eyes began to tear up and you quickly ducked your head to hide them from him, however, he lifted your chin up by fingers and wiped your tears away with his thumb before grabbing your hand to rub soothing circles on the back of it. "It's okay, don't worry. You live in Toulon?" He asked trying to distract you.

"Yes, or well just outside it." You mumbled, "Can you stay here until my dad comes?" Charles looked to you and smiled, nodding his head, "Of course as long as you want me to." You nodded in agreement and patted the area beside to indicate to him to move closer, which he did. The two of you's chatted for the next 40 minutes or so until your father came to bring you home.

"Thank you, Charles" Your father thanked him.

"Not a bother, sir. It was my pleasure." Charles said and smiled at you once more before gathering you into a hug and pressing a kiss to her head. "Goodbye for now, ok. Remember to drink plenty from now on."

"Goodbye Charles! Thank you!"