Spilling Secrets [Carlos Sainz]

"And we're joined here by Carlos Sainz! Welcome back after the break, how are you feeling going into the weekend?" the interviewer asked Carlos. It was the Thursday of the race weekend, otherwise known as Media Day, it was a day that many drivers would happily do without and after having the month long summer break, it was difficult to get the energy up for the cameras. Of course, Carlos was excited to be racing again, but the intensity of media day outweighed that.

A wide smile appeared on Carlos' face as he sat down opposite the interviewer, a presenter from SkySports, "I'm excited to be back, but it was nice to have some time off." Carlos had a relaxed attitude and he seemed content and happy with how he thought the weekend would go.

"Finally, before I let you get back to the garage, how did you spend your break?" an involuntary smile overtook his face, his eyes had a happy glint to them and he lifted his head from where he had focused on the ground to look back up at the interviewer. The interviewer pushed the microphone closer to him in an attempt to get Carlos to spill how his holiday had went quicker.

"Spent it in Mallorca with my family, I got married and then sp-" He stopped suddenly, his eyes went wide, and he opened his mouth to speak again but he was lost for words. As if knowing what the camera would try to do, Carlos moved his left hand behind his back and pulled his sleeve down.

"You got married?" Carlos looked side to side, hoping that someone would interrupt and pull him away from the interview. This was the one thing that Y/N didn't want. They had gotten married in Mallorca over the break with only family and few friends invited. They didn't want it to be a big affair. Y/N had told him all morning to not tell the media that they'd gotten married, she wanted to keep it a secret for a little longer and they had co-ordinated with Charlotte, Carlos' PR, to announce it after the weekend. "Did you and Y/N get married over the break? No wonder you're looking so happy." Carlos awkwardly smiled and at that moment, Charlotte intervened and ended the interview, making up some excuse for him to leave.

"Y/N is going to kill me." He murmured once they were out of earshot of the camera and the reporter.

"No, she won't." Charlotte argued.

"That was her one instruction."

"Oh, you're dead."

As they reached the entrance to the McLaren hospitality, they encountered Lando, who was leaving with Jon, and he stopped Carlos in his tracks by placing his hand on his chest. "Mate, good luck" was all he said before continuing on his path to the garage. Carlos shared a nervous look with Charlotte, took a deep breath and entered the hospitality. Y/N was sat on the settees in front of one of the numerous televisions present in the hospitality. She had her back to him and so he slowly approached her, placing his hands on her shoulders and rubbing them gently causing her to shiver at the contact, she leaned her head back against the back of the settee and placed her hands on top of his, rubbing her thumb gently across them.

"Spilling secrets, are we?"

Carlos give her a cheeky grin and leaned down to press a kiss to her forehead, she shook her head in exasperation, but smiled in return and reached her head upwards to kiss his lips.

Liked by landonorris, danielricciardo and 357,907 others

carlossainz55 08-08-2020

view all 1,957 comments

landonorris   still peeved I wasn't invited ... but congrats I guess
mclaren   kept that a well guarded secret

Requests are still open, so feel free to request (refer to introduction and guidelines for request info)