Interview [Various Drivers]

Just some interview scenarios with various drivers.

~~~

Daniel Ricciardo // The Ellen Show

As a pit stop between the Mexican and USA Grand Prix, it was organised for Daniel to appear as a guest on 'The Ellen Show', something he was very excited about. He was waiting backstage for Ellen to introduce him.

"And now welcome to stage Daniel Ricciardo!" Daniel walked from backstage waving at the crowd and took a seat opposite Ellen after shaking her hand. "So this is your first time on the show, and I don't know if you know this but as tradition we have to show shirtless pictures of you."

With a deep laugh Daniel replied, "You're in luck then I take those often."

"Yes, we have plenty. So, there's one, ah there's another ... oh and there's one more." She said as photos of Daniel shirtless appeared behind them. Daniel could only laugh as the audience cheered and giggled. "This is you're first time on the show and for those of you who don't know Daniel is a Formula 1 driver for Renault. Tell us more about that then?"

"Em ... well the way I always explain it to people is that I driver very fast cars in circles," The audience laugh and Ellen proceeds to ask follow up questions about racing and the car in general ranging from speed to pit stops.

"We had Lewis Hamilton on a few years ago, he races for Mercedes?"

"Yeah he's the biggest competition on the grid. Everyone wants to beat Lewis."

"Have you beat him before?" Daniel let out a gasp in mock offence before smiling and answering.

"Yeah, a few times."

"I will admit that like most Americans, Formula 1 isn't something that many of us are aware of so when Twitter found out you were coming on, they were quick to tell me to ask about 'Shoeys', is it?"

He let out a sigh as if he knew this would come up eventually, "It's something we do in Australia, basically you pour alcohol into your shoe and drink from it," The audience let out a mix of laughter or noises of disgust, "I first did it at the Germany Grand Prix in 2015, I believe, and I really didn't intend for it to be thing but now it seems that everyone wants me to do it. People are practically ... uh ... frothing for it," He paused as the audience laughed. Ellen waited a few seconds before continuing to allow the audience to calm down.

"So, you're in LA for the week?"

"I'm here for F1 Live and then I leave on Wednesday night for the race in Austin." People cheered at the mention of the Texan city.

"Really? And F1 Live what is that?"

"Basically just to showcase F1 and the cars, and some of the drivers. We'll be driving up and down Hollywood Boulevard and doing donuts." Daniel explained.