Post-Race Interviews [Daniel Ricciardo]

"Ah, look who we have here," Y/N said as Daniel Ricciardo approached her in the media pen. It was Y/N's 3rd race season with SkySports and more often than not, it was Y/N's job to interview the drivers after the race, "Daniel," A smile appeared on her face as well as Daniel's as he and Aurelie, his press officer, stopped in front of her. "P9 for you today, Daniel. How do you feel?" Y/N asked off the bat. "Bit frustrated, you know I started P7 and to lose that position is ... it's annoying."

"What happened? In the past the Hungaroring has been a positive track for you."

"Opening lap; we put ourselves in traffic and from there it was difficult to move up positions and I feel like we should've known what was going to happening coming up to the last corner." Y/N could visibly see how frustrated Daniel was with himself and quickly leaned across the barrier to wrap her arms around his neck and pull him closer to her which Daniel happily reciprocated. It was no secret in the F1 circle that she and Daniel had been in a relationship with each other for the better part of 2 years and while the two of them tried to keep their jobs professional, that rarely worked out. Y/N gave Daniel a gentle kiss on his lips before pulling back, realising that she had a job to do.

"Quite a different story to last weekend when you finished 4th, how do you deal with having such a good result to a disappointing one?" Y/N said with a grimace, she didn't like nit-picking at Daniel's races, but with her job it was a requirement. Daniel also expressed a grimace, looked down and let out a low breath before answering, "Each driver deals with it in their own way, but you know, you talk it over with your team and see where you can improve for the next race." Daniel truly was a master at the interviews and was always able to get through them quite quickly, especially if he had a disappointing result. "Why do you do that?" Daniel asked with a wide smile that had been nicknamed the 'Ricciardo Smile' by his fans.

"Do what?" Y/N asked with a sneaky grin and a shrug of her shoulders trying to feign innocence.

"Ask those questions."

"That's my job, hun." She teased but that didn't last long as Daniel quickly snatched the microphone out of her hand, "Give it back, Ricciardo!" Daniel let out a hiss as if knowing that when Y/N called him by his last name that she was being very serious, but still, he refused to return the microphone to her.

"I quite like this. No wonder you like your job." Daniel said into the microphone. Y/N began to relax as she knew this would be a great interview as the fans loved seeing Daniel mess around and have fun, and they particularly liked to see Daniel annoy Y/N as recently he had taken to annoying her and posting it to his Instagram story. "Let me ask the questions." Y/N protested but eventually relented and allowed him to interview her. "So Y/N, have you got a favourite driver on the grid?" Y/N giggled, while Daniel was good as being interviewed, he was not a great interviewer.

"The point of an interview is to get more than one word answers," She laughed and Daniel gave a nod in understanding and began to rephrase his question, "It's me, isn't it? I knew you'd try to avoid answering that question. Moving on, in terms of me, your loving boyfriend," Y/N choked out a laugh at the comment, "Hey! I am loving. So, in terms of your loving boyfriend, what do you love most about me?"

"What?"

"You heard me." Daniel smirked. "Is this you trying to get me to inflate your ego?" She teased and smiled when Daniel shrugged his shoulders, "Hmm, I love your sense of humour and positivity, and your ability to always see the best in everything and everyone. And I love how passionate you are about racing, about us, you bring out the best in me and you make me better." Daniel had a wide smile on his face as if he wasn't expecting her to answer the way she did. It was in that moment of awe that Y/N made a swipe to grab the microphone back but Daniel reacted quick enough to pull it further from her reach. "Do I need to get Natalie over here?" She threatened with a smile as Daniel's eyes widened, "Ah ha! You'll listen to her, won't you?"

"Let me ask one more question." Daniel pleaded and Y/N gave in. Daniel took a step back from the barrier and swallowed nervously. It felt as though his stomach was doing acrobatics and his heart wanted to jump out of his chest. He bounced around on his feet before eventually getting down on one knee in front of her, Y/N gasped, putting a hand against her mouth to muffle any further gasps, as did Aurelie who had been recording the interview for their records. Y/N could see in her peripheral vision that other media outlets had taken notice of Daniel down on one knee and had abandoned their post-race interviews with the other drivers to pay attention as did the other drivers who were currently being interviewed. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Y/N, I can't imagine it without you. I want you by my side throughout everything that life may throw at us. I love you so much that words can't even begin to describe it. So, Y/N, will you marry me?"

Y/N could feel the eyes of everyone in the media pen on her as they waited to hear her answer and it was a no brainer. "Yes," She breathed, her voice catching in her throat Daniel jumped to his feet and cheered loudly. He held Y/N's hand as he slipped the ring onto her finger before lifted her up and over the barrier to hold her as tightly as he could. Cheers and applauses and a few whistles echoed around them from the other drivers and people in the paddock. Daniel pressed his lips to Y/N's and she could feel him smile into their kiss before pulling away and holding her hands in his.

"I love you so much." Daniel said caressing her cheeks while Y/N held onto his wrists and lightly kissed the palm of his hand. "I love you more."

"Impossible." He mumbled against her forehead as he lightly kissed it.

_____

actually had such a lol today because apparently Northern Irish people can't say 'Irish wrist watch' and we actually can't. When I say it it sounds like 'iris wisht wash' and I lol everytime just thinking about it now. lmao

 lmao