Jealous [Toto Wolff]

yayaquenngosling

~~~

                     You were so thankful that it was finally the off season. As much as you loved racing, sometimes it was nice to have a break from the chaos and busyness of Formula 1, however, the same could not be said for Toto. He was stubborn – that much was obvious, but he was especially stubborn in all things racing related and it was starting it get on your last nerve. Christmas was in a few days and Toto was yet to be at home for longer than an hour or two during the day, he had developed a new routine during the weeks after Abu Dhabi; he'd leave the house at 08:00 and wouldn't return until nearly 22:00. He rarely spent any time with you or Jack, your 4 year old son, and spent more time at the factory or with Lewis and you were more than happy to admit that you were jealous, especially since you were also a Mercedes driver. It angered you and made you jealous that he preferred to spend his time at work than at home after spending effectively 10 months at work.

Jack had been in bed since 8 o'clock and finally at quarter to ten, you heard the front door close from your seat on the settee in front of the television. You waited as your heard Toto's footsteps near the living room door, "Hello love," You remained silent, keeping your gaze on the television which was playing an episode of Peaky Blinders. "Hello?" Toto asked again but you were content with giving him the silent treatment. As a last move, Toto grabbed the remote control from beside you and turned the TV off, moving to stand in front of you so that you were looking at him.

"Oh ... hi. Didn't see you there." You said in a mock tone of surprise. Toto furrowed his eyebrows and he watched you.

"What are you playing at? I've been trying to get your attention for the last few minutes."

"Trying to get me attention? Sorry doesn't quite ring a bell."

"Don't be ridiculous! You didn't forget." He retorted standing with his hands on his hips.

"Just like how you didn't forget that you have a family waiting for you at home?" You replied with a feign look of confusion but clicking your fingers as if you'd had a euphoric moment, "Oh, funnily enough ... you did forget."

"I have been he-" Before he could finish the sentence you interrupted him by jumping up from the settee and marching over to him, enraged. "Don't you dare!" You said enunciating your words by stabbing your finger into his chest with each word. "You have spent every waking moment since the season finished with Lewis! You wouldn't even think that I drive for Mercedes given the fact that I haven't been to the factory once!"

"You're jealous?" He asked

"Is that all you got from that? Of course, I'm jealous! I thought the off season would mean time for us ... time for family but no, apparently that means something different in Toto's world!"

"Would you calm down!" He shouted his patience had finally wavered. "What are you basing these unfound accusations on?" Your jaw dropped as you stared at his in shock.

"Do you actually hear yourself?" Your voice was getting louder by the second and it wasn't until you heard the door squeak open that you quietened down as Jack had stumbled into the living room with a teddy in one hand and his other was rubbing his eye. With a deep breath, you turned to Toto, "Let's calm down now." You picked jack up and balanced him across your chest so that he could rest his head on your shoulder. You bounced him around hoping that he'd drift back off to sleep.

"I don't want to fight with you ... especially with Jack here." Toto said quietly trying not to disturb Jack. "Put him back to bed and we can talk." You let out a sigh beginning to walk up the stairs to Jack's room on the first floor. You tucked him and pressed a kiss to his forehead, whispering a good night as you closed the door behind you and made your way downstairs to Toto, hoping that you wouldn't wake him up again.

"I'm sorry," was the first thing you heard as you entered the living room. Toto was slouched on the settee with his head in his heads. You could tell he was frustrated simply by this and so you sat beside him and ran you hand up and down his back. "I didn't realise that I was spending all my time away at the factory. I'm just excited for the season."

"It's okay. I understand but you can be excited for the season in February when we start back for testing." You leaned your head on his shoulder and he pressed a kiss onto your head, wrapping an arm around your waist.

"Let's finish this episode and go to bed."

"You're not going to the factory tomorrow." You said while pressing play to resume the episode.

"Why not?"

"Toto!"

Formula 1 One ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara