First Word [Max Verstappen]

As scenario I thought up but I'm not quite happy with the way it's turned out :) A very short one too

~~~

As first words go, Freya had the most magical. The British Grand Prix was underway, and Max was in P2 and was in with a fighting chance of finishing in P1. Freya was Max and Y/N 15 month old daughter; their little Princess. While Max raced around the Silverstone circuit, Y/N held Freya in her arms with the small headphones over her ears to protect them from the loud noises of the engines.  You pressed a kiss to her forehead as you focused on the race again that you were viewing from the TVs in the Red Bull garage.

Freya was the perfect combination of the both of you; she had Max's blonde hair, which was still a small mop on top of her head, and your green eyes. For the occasion, you had dressed her in some denim jeans and a Red Bull polo shirt, you had packed a warm coat for her, but the temperature was high enough that you felt that she wouldn't need to wear the coat at the minute. You smiled at her as her gaze shifted between the bright TVs and the stuffed leopard teddy that she clutched in her tiny hands.

You watched Max on the screen as he raced along the straight in one of the DRS zones allowing him to overtake Charles Leclerc. It was race during the last few laps as the two of them battled for 1st place but in the end, Max took P1 much to your excitement and the excitement of his team. The garage roared with happiness as everyone jumped to their feet and Freya clapped happily. You lifted her up in the air with the biggest smile on your face which was mirrored on her face.

"Your dada's a winner!" You smiled and walked over to Christian who was speaking to Max over the radio, congratulating him. He smiled as he saw you and handed you a radio so that you could speak to him.

"I'm so proud of you! I love you!" you shouted down the radio as you struggled to hear over all the celebrating that was happening around you.

"I love you! Let me talk to Freya," Max replied, and you attached a radio to Freya's headphone so that the two of you could talk to and hear Max. "Freya, I love you so much and you mean the world to me!"

"Papa!" Freya replied and you gasped, hearing Max do the same. You smiled at Freya with a huge smile. She'd said her first word and it was Papa. If winning the race didn't make Max's day then this certainly would.

"Baby, did you say your first word?" All Freya did was giggle and laugh over the radio, but it didn't matter, the moment you'd been waiting for, for months had finally come. "Bring her to Parc Ferme!" You made your way with Freya to Parc Ferme and waited at the barrier for Max to arrive and when he did, he immediately removed his helmet and balaclava, and came to you grabbing Freya into his arms. He peppered kisses across her face much to her joy. The marshals opened the barrier and allowed you access so that you could attend to your daughter. Max held onto Freya tightly as Martin Brundle conducted a short interview under the podium before handing her to you so that he could get weighed.

All in all, it was the best weekend of the season so far – not only has Max won his 3rd race of the season but Freya said her first word.